PDA

View Full Version : Hello, with a couple of new additions to the shop.

Sam Blasco
03-12-2006, 8:17 PM
Hey gang,

It has been awhile since I have waded in the Creek, but I have been in more cities in the last several months than I care to admit, and teaching and working... Last couple of weeks I got some breathing room and got to make some dust again and set up and play with some new tools. My lathe arrived some weeks ago and I have been throwing shavings every chance I get. It is a beautiful piece of equipment. A little later on, after I have grown into it abit, I'll post some more particulars about it and working with in the Turner's Forum.

I also had to part with a good friend about three weeks ago. My beloved MM16. An MM24, older style (not the 24" resaw machine), caught my eye hiding in a pile of shipping damaged machines. I looked it over and knew right away, it wouldn't be hard to get the wheels spinning. The only way to afford it, or justify it to the LOML, was to sell the MM16. Honestly, it wasn't that hard of a choice. I never had an issue with having only 13" of resaw, but occasionaly I did wish I had a bigger table... And now I do. She cleaned up pretty good, lost her bumper sticker, scratches, dents, slightly bent corner on the base -- but when she cuts you know what lineage she stems from. I have attached a couple of pics so it is official.

Mark Singer
03-12-2006, 8:26 PM
Sam,
Put a small dent in the package your sending me and give me the same discount:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
03-12-2006, 9:27 PM
That's a very Robust looking lathe, Sam...LOL! :D :D :D

Nice saw, too...must be nice to get the first pick of the "scratch and dent". But then again, you earned it with all the travel and yapping at the shows! 'Can't wait to see what you make with it... ;)

Cecil Arnold
03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Great gloat Sam, now if you could S&D a combo we could talk. You coming to Houston in a couple of weeks?

Bob Stroman
03-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Is that an Aigner rail on the MM24? What do you use it for? Any photos?

Pete Harbin
03-13-2006, 1:27 AM
Nice score Sam! Especially the new "mini" lathe :D

Pete

Norman Hitt
03-13-2006, 2:12 AM
Sam,
Put a small dent in the package your sending me and give me the same discount:rolleyes:

Mark, does this mean we should be looking for Gloat coming out of Southern Ca. in the near future?:rolleyes: Boy, am I sharp tonight or what?:D

Mark Singer
03-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Mark, does this mean we should be looking for Gloat coming out of Southern Ca. in the near future?:rolleyes: Boy, am I sharp tonight or what?:D
Norman...
I would not say the near future....It seems likeI ordered it when I graduated from high school ....somebody is eating lots a pasta and drinkin a little Chianti.....I hope I still like WW when it shows up:confused:

Roy Wall
03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Is that an Aigner rail on the MM24? What do you use it for? Any photos?

I'll butt in.....

Yes it is an Aigner.....a side table attaches at even height to the BS table for an extension. The table has a mite slot & is a slick way to cut circular.

Cecil Arnold
03-13-2006, 1:26 PM
Norman...
I would not say the near future....It seems likeI ordered it when I graduated from high school ....somebody is eating lots a pasta and drinkin a little Chianti.....I hope I still like WW when it shows up:confused:

Mark, join on the Chianti and you won't care how long it takes.

Tyler Howell
03-13-2006, 1:46 PM
Nice haul Sam,
That's some serious BS!!:cool: