PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - hall of fame/FAQ

RichMagnone
03-12-2006, 8:13 PM
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to suggest such a ting, but I have noticed that there are a few messages that are referred to regularly on certain topics. A few examples are the Bob Smalser thread on sharpending and the thread on framing tools started by John Miliunas.

Perhaps these could be gathered into some sort of "hall of fame" or FAQ section or even a single thread with a sticky in the woodworking articles forum?

Mike Cutler
03-12-2006, 8:54 PM
Rich.

There are a lot of good threads that could easily be articles. I like Bob Smalser's articles on repairing joints and adhesives. Tremendous info there.

One more good one would be to combime all of the threads on Bandsaw tuning and, specifically the threads on tensioning blades, into one article.

I've thought, on more than one occasion, that Bob Smalser and Dave Anderson should get together. There could be a reference book written on hand tools and techniques by those two guys. Both of those guys know too many things that will be forgotten someday.

Of course, if we turned everything into an article when would kabbitz and just have fun conversation.;)