PDA

View Full Version : Could use a few prayers....

Steve Ash
03-12-2006, 1:35 PM
I never thought after responding to Tylers thread yesterday, I'd be asking for prayers for my mom next.

I went over to see her yesterday to give her that extra hug, but dad said she hadn't been feeling well the last couple of days and was in bed, so I thought I'd come back later. I had no way of knowing it would be at 1:00 a.m. Dad called and said mom was pretty bad and needed help taking her to the hospital. I live about a mile and a half away so I got there in no time.

As soon as I saw mom I told dad to forget taking her and get an ambulance out here, which he did. She was breathing very hard and was "out of it". As we were waiting for the ambulance I held mom and was asking her questions to get her to talk but she was incoherent. I kept thinking I wish I could have given her that hug today like I wanted to.

They got her to the hospital after getting her somewhat stabilized...Dad commented "man she looks old" (she is soon to be 80) Long story short she has pneumonia (don't know what else yet, I hope no stroke like the paramedic mentioned could be a possibility) temp was 103.7, and is going to be in the hospital for a bit I'm sure.

I believe in God and the power of prayer, if you got a few extras...my mom could sure use them.....and if you can, give your mom ( and dad) a call or a hug . I'm heading back over to the hospital to see if I can give mine that hug today.

Cecil Arnold
03-12-2006, 1:37 PM
Steve, my thoughts are with you and your family.

tod evans
03-12-2006, 1:47 PM
steve, hope your mom pulls through....tod

Matt Meiser
03-12-2006, 1:59 PM
Steve, your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim Hager
03-12-2006, 2:01 PM
I will add your mother to my prayers. Good luck Steve and hang in there. Sometimes the going gets really rough, but you have what it takes to get through.

Joe Pelonio
03-12-2006, 2:02 PM
Steve,

My thoughts and prayers are with you too. I'm on the way right now to
visit my 86 year old mother in law on the way home, she's doing Ok but at her adult family home they lost another resident last week.

Peter Stahl
03-12-2006, 2:22 PM
Steve,

I be praying for her, hope everything turns out ok.

Andy Hoyt
03-12-2006, 2:46 PM
You got 'em Steve. Big and deep ones.

Butch Spears
03-12-2006, 3:06 PM
You have mine Hug them while you can,because you never know, ( Until you can't )

Lou Morrissette
03-12-2006, 3:08 PM
Steve,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Hang in there, Bud.

Rob Littleton
03-12-2006, 3:16 PM
My mom and dad are 6000 miles away but after these 2 incidents, Im gonna be sure to call them.

You have my prayers my friend.

Keep the faith, His will be done.

God bless

Dennis Peacock
03-12-2006, 3:32 PM
Steve Ol' Buddy.....You can count on me and the LOML to put your mom and your family in our prayers.

Vaughn McMillan
03-12-2006, 3:32 PM
Steve, I'll add your mom to the list. I hope her recovery is swift and complete.

- Vaughn

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-12-2006, 3:40 PM
You got it Steve, best to you and your family!!

Stu

Randy Moore
03-12-2006, 4:09 PM
Steve,

Like everyone else has said you and you family have the prayers of the Moore Family. Hang in there and if you need something just let your extended family on SMC know what you need.

God Bless

Randy

Ron Jones near Indy
03-12-2006, 4:10 PM
Steve,
Your entire family will be in my prayers.

Keith July
03-12-2006, 5:00 PM
Steve,
You know the number...call anytime.
Your friend
Keith

Wes Bischel
03-12-2006, 5:11 PM
Steve,
Our prayers are with your mom and the rest of your family.

Wes

Roger Myers
03-12-2006, 5:14 PM
More prayers coming from this way.... Praying for your moms recovery and for strength for you and your family.
Roger

Jim Clark
03-12-2006, 5:34 PM
I know I don't really know all of you very well but I'm a firm beleiver in more the prayers the better so you and your families in ours.
Sincerely,
Jim C

Tyler Howell
03-12-2006, 5:49 PM
:eek: It really Works:eek:
I could tell the warm waters of the creek had passed over my mom. She had a quiet night, was up, dressed, and entertained everyone during a little family get together.

A double dose for you Steve, Your mom and all those in need during these difficult times.
Thanks so much everyone.
The power of prayer really works:eek: :eek: .

Jackie Outten
03-12-2006, 6:15 PM
Steve,

Prayers go out to you, your mom and your dad. Keep us posted on how your mom is doing.

Jackie

Bill Pealer
03-12-2006, 6:53 PM
Just finished praying for you and the family

Rob Littleton
03-12-2006, 6:59 PM
:eek: It really Works:eek:
I could tell the warm waters of the creek had passed over my mom. She had a quiet night, was up, dressed, and entertained everyone during a little family get together.

A double dose for you Steve, Your mom and all those in need during these difficult times.
Thanks so much everyone.
The power of prayer really works:eek: :eek: .

WOW!!!!! Thats awesome......Hang in there bud

John Pollman
03-12-2006, 7:14 PM
Steve,

you, your mother, and your entire family will be in our thoughts. Take care and keep the faith.

John

John Kain
03-12-2006, 7:28 PM
Steve,

Your mother and family are in our prayers.

Jim Young
03-12-2006, 7:48 PM
Steve, my thoughts are with you and hope your Mom will be fine.

Jason Roehl
03-12-2006, 8:03 PM
I wish the best for you and your parents, Steve. Our prayers are with you and your family that your mom pulls through this.

Earl Reid
03-12-2006, 8:08 PM
Your Mother is in our Prayers
Earl and Barbara

Charles McKinley
03-12-2006, 8:24 PM
Shure thing Steve! I hope that everything is alright and your mom is better soon.

Corey Hallagan
03-12-2006, 8:37 PM
Steve, definitely have said a prayer and will do so again for you. I hope all turns out well for you and your family.
Corey

John Bailey
03-12-2006, 8:41 PM
You got 'em Steve. Hope she's doing better.

John

Bruce Page
03-12-2006, 8:48 PM
Steve, you have my prayers, prayers that she comes home and you can give her the big hug.

John Miliunas
03-12-2006, 9:46 PM
Sure do wish I'd have checked SMC earlier in the day!!! Well, never too late to offer up some prayers and you've got them coming from my household. You take care, my friend. If there's anything at all I can do to help or if you just need an ear, don't hesitate to give me a call!!!

Dale Thompson
03-12-2006, 9:58 PM
Steve,
My prayers and those of my family are with you. :)

Dale T.

john whittaker
03-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Steve, Your mom and family are in our prayers.
John & Terri

Boyd Gathwright
03-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I never thought after responding to Tylers thread yesterday, I'd be asking for prayers for my mom next.

I went over to see her yesterday to give her that extra hug, but dad said she hadn't been feeling well the last couple of days and was in bed, so I thought I'd come back later. I had no way of knowing it would be at 1:00 a.m. Dad called and said mom was pretty bad and needed help taking her to the hospital. I live about a mile and a half away so I got there in no time.

As soon as I saw mom I told dad to forget taking her and get an ambulance out here, which he did. She was breathing very hard and was "out of it". As we were waiting for the ambulance I held mom and was asking her questions to get her to talk but she was incoherent. I kept thinking I wish I could have given her that hug today like I wanted to.

They got her to the hospital after getting her somewhat stabilized...Dad commented "man she looks old" (she is soon to be 80) Long story short she has pneumonia (don't know what else yet, I hope no stroke like the paramedic mentioned could be a possibility) temp was 103.7, and is going to be in the hospital for a bit I'm sure.

I believe in God and the power of prayer, if you got a few extras...my mom could sure use them.....and if you can, give your mom ( and dad) a call or a hug . I'm heading back over to the hospital to see if I can give mine that hug today.
.... My prayers are on the way for your mom and you and the rest of your family.

Boyd

Norman Hitt
03-13-2006, 1:39 AM
Steve, my thoughts are with you for your mom's fast recovery. Here's wishing you and your family the best.

Tom Drake
03-13-2006, 4:18 AM
Your Mom and your family are in our thoughts and prayers Steve.

Richard Gillespie
03-13-2006, 7:21 AM
Steve;

I've lost both of my parents. I miss them badly. I pray that this is not the time for your mother. Good Luck and God's love.

Rick

Keith Starosta
03-13-2006, 7:41 AM
My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom, Steve. Take care of you folks.

- Keith

Ed Lang
03-13-2006, 7:59 AM
Steve, PM sent.

Father, we ask that you be with Mrs. Ash at this time. Please be with the doctors and care givers. Give strength to Mr. Ash and Steve.

Dave Ray
03-13-2006, 8:21 PM
Steve, prayers are being said here for you and your mom. Will continue prayers till she is home safe.

Bob Swenson
03-14-2006, 10:46 AM
We pray for your Mom, With the praying power of the Creekers
I know she will be fine.

Joe Tonich
03-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Your in our prayers, Steve.

Bryan Somers
03-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Steve. You and your mom an dad are in our thoughts and prayers

Jim O'Dell
03-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Steve, you've got lots of prayers coming at your family from west Fort Worth, and I'll get the dogs to send a little Setter Zen. It's almost a good as a prayer! Jim

Steve Ash
03-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone for your prayers. I do appreciate them as well as mom.

Good news is dad picked her up from the hospital a couple of hours ago. She is home resting from her bout with a virus and pneumonia. She'll be seeing her family doctor in the next couple of days.

Thanks again, you all are fantastic!

Paul Downes
03-14-2006, 6:09 PM
You got it Steve, Hope she pulls through.

Vaughn McMillan
03-14-2006, 6:37 PM
Thanks for the update, Steve, and glad to see she's home and resting.

- Vaughn