PDA

View Full Version : Orlando woodworking show

Jay Knoll
03-12-2006, 7:42 AM
Hi everyone

I went to the woodworking show in Orlando, all the ususal suspects were there except no E or F! http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/orlando

It was small, but good. I attended Marc Adams' seminar on routers and learned a lot, then watched him in action in the "free" seminars the rest of the afternoon on Saturday. A great teacher, generous with his knowlege and very down to earth I learned a lot.

I met our own Jeff Farris and picked up a "show special" Tormek! Pics to come.

Allen Bookout and I were planning a get together but he was ailing so that didn't happen. Maybe next year!

All in all I was more impressed with this one compared with the competing show (can't remember the name) that I attended in Tampa last fall. The quality and depth of the presenters was much better. So, if you can keep from buying anything while you're there, the $9 admission was a bargain considering the educational opportunites that were there. Of course, the sales pitches were fun to watch and a few other goodies/supplies rode home in the trunk.

Jay

Allen Bookout
03-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the report Jay. I was wondering what I missed and what you thought of the show.

Can't wait for you to try out your new Tormek. I have used mine for chisels and knives and think that it is terrific. Was looking forward to seeing Jeff's presentation.

There is always next year.

Allen