PDA

View Full Version : Home safe & sound

Ned Bulken
03-12-2006, 6:52 AM
I'm home from part I of my training with my new company. I spent the last two weeks out in Omaha NE learning the Ins and Outs of their computer system and corporate culture.
I'm so happy that I made the switch, Werner, so far at any rate, beats my old employer hands down. For example, though the DC where I'll be working onsite is open, they're not shipping product yet, so there isn't any reason to have a fleet of trucks based there. I wouldn't have much to do for several weeks as a result of the customer pushing back their opening date. My manager decided that instead of penalizing me for their scheduling conflict, that I continue on salary, get a week at home, essentially I'm getting an early vacation just two weeks after hiring on with the company. :D:D

I'll try and squeeze in some shop time around the honeydo list between now and Saturday when I fly out again. I've got the shop to build, and depending on how the budget falls I may start in on that as well. The site is a bit muddy at the moment, so I may push that back to april instead.
Thanks for looking, can't wait to get through the messages I've missed these past couple of weeks.

Jim Becker
03-12-2006, 10:18 AM
'Glad the training went well, Ned! And enjoy the time as once things get "started up", you'll be a busy beaver!

Ned Bulken
03-12-2006, 3:57 PM
Thanks Jim,
the startup is going to be fun, but I'll be training with the account manager who is in charge of dealing with the entire account, not just one distribution center the next couple of weeks. I suspect I'll be learning the RIGHT way, so I should be fine.
Hectic sure, but that's trucking to begin with.

oh, and tool gloats will be following very soon. ;) can you say new shop??

Robert Mickley
03-12-2006, 6:25 PM
I've met a few werner drivers and they always seemed pretty secure in their jobs. Good luck I hope it works out, besides who can complain about a week paid off