PDA

View Full Version : Change of pace for some...

Cam Grabast
03-11-2006, 7:13 PM
I know it's not a bowl or vase, but here's a new Goose call I finished last night...the stabilized Maple Burl really pops out. It's got a figured coco insert that gives it a good contrast.

http://www.macislandcalls.com/images/burlcocoshortreed.jpg

Dick Parr
03-11-2006, 7:30 PM
Very nice Cam, I do like the two different woods you used. Someone is really going to enjoy this call and Welcome to the Creek.

Dennis Peacock
03-11-2006, 7:39 PM
Very nice Cam.....I like the two different woods. Well done.:)

Rich Stewart
03-11-2006, 8:48 PM
Thats a nice one for sure. Did you make it for someone or do you sell them? What would you get for something like that? Is it a kit type thing with a reed and all that or do you make the reed yourself? A thing like that would be popular around here. Lots of duck and goose hunters.

Corey Hallagan
03-11-2006, 8:49 PM
Great looking call Cam, I love it!

corey

Ernie Nyvall
03-11-2006, 8:54 PM
Really nice call Cam. My brother would go nuts to have something that nice.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
03-12-2006, 1:02 AM
Beautiful work Cam. Love the two different woods. That is a nice call.

John Hart
03-12-2006, 7:21 AM
Very pretty Cam. I like the two woods too...but that Maple is pure eye-candy. Nicely done!!:)

Cam Grabast
03-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate the responses. To answer a few questions - yes, I sell them and yes - all the work is done by me - no kits. They are real fun to make as I'm sure just about any turning would be.

Oh - and I've sold some in New Jersey Rich!

Paul Douglass
03-12-2006, 11:35 AM
That is really pretty. Maybe you would consider putting together a how to make tutorial!? It always fun to try other things. My wife is already tired of my bowls, (I've only made three, guess you know how good I am)!!

Don Orr
03-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Excellent that you do the whole thing yourself. Nice job, great wood choices.

Curt Fuller
03-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate the responses. To answer a few questions - yes, I sell them and yes - all the work is done by me - no kits.

That's a beautiful call! You say no kits, do you even make your own sound boards and reeds? If so, you're a dying breed. I'd love to learn to do that someday.