PDA

View Full Version : Band Saw Info

Mike Maikowski
08-07-2003, 6:30 PM
Need some infomation: I have a Grizzly 16" band Saw that does not at this time have a motor on it. I do have a motor for it 2hp 3450 RPM 110/220 ( will be wired for 220). Is there anyone out there that has this B/s?? Model G1538. I need to know the motor pulley size and also the drive wheel size. this is not a three speed saw. I can get the parts to make is so but do not want to at this time. thanks for any info--My e-Mail if clean if needed. Thanks, Mike

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-07-2003, 7:07 PM
Mike, did you contact Grizzly reagarding the information you need? I am sure they would be happy to help you equip your Bandsaw for your needs. I have had questions for them in the past, and they have always been very helpful. Although, someone here may have the answer as well. Just an idea for ya...........good luck!

Jim Becker
08-07-2003, 9:56 PM
I also recommend you talk to Grizzly so that you insure that you have the proper speed calculated with your pully ratios. For some reason, I think that many bandsaws have 1725 RPM motors...

Mike Maikowski
08-08-2003, 8:35 AM
I also recommend you talk to Grizzly so that you insure that you have the proper speed calculated with your pully ratios. For some reason, I think that many bandsaws have 1725 RPM motors...
Yo-Kevin and Jm: thanks or the info--I did in fact write a message to Grizzley last night but as yet have no answer. I have tried in the past two or three times, but did not receive the information requested. they just bounced me from one person to anoher and i just gave up on them. Might be i did not word my request in just the right way. thanks, mike

Bart Leetch
08-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi Mike

Try this address Bill Crofutt, billcrofutt@grizzly.com

I am sure Bill or his assistant can help you.

Regards, Bart