PDA

View Full Version : My Turn and Thanks

Tyler Howell
03-11-2006, 2:37 PM
My turn to ask for a few prayers. Mom is slipping away.There is no hope for recovery, it's about her time. I was just hoping for a peaceful passing. The big C is very painful. She has a great hospice team and they are giving her A-1 care.

Surfin the Creek is one of the few things I can do while she's resting. She'll ask why I LOL?? I tell her Andy or Dale are acting up again;) .

Thanks in advance.

Roger Myers
03-11-2006, 2:42 PM
Tyler,
Prayers for you and your mom in this difficult time. I know that all of the creekers are praying for you both, for you to find comfort and peace each day. And if a smile crosses your face from something you read here, then let that smile break into a full grin and share the details with mom... we are all family.
Peace my friend,
Roger

Cecil Arnold
03-11-2006, 2:44 PM
Tyler, having lost my Mom a few years ago to a form of the big C, I know what you must be feeling. My thoughts are with you.

Andy Hoyt
03-11-2006, 2:44 PM
Hey, Ty. Stuff like this takes this wind right out of my sails. Go hold her hand, hug her long and hard, and tell her that you love her. And we do too - for giving us you. I'm sure that lots of prayers will be said up and down the creek for her - mine included. Chin up, my friend.

Ian Barley
03-11-2006, 3:02 PM
Tyler

I wish her as peaceful a passing as can be and that you get to share with her the things that have mattered to you both. Tough times indeed.

Joe Pelonio
03-11-2006, 3:02 PM
Tyler,

Hang in there, we'll be praying for her too, she'll soon be resting peacefully
and without pain in a better place. I'm lucky to still have my Mom but
her mother passed at age 55 from C many years ago, I think I was 16 and my Mom called me into the room and we both watched her go. It's so good that you can be with her at this time.

Dennis Peacock
03-11-2006, 3:17 PM
Tyler Ol' Buddy.....

You've got my prayers for your mom and your entire family. I know this is a really tough time for you and the family, but let her know that there are MANY fellow Creeker's keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Karl Laustrup
03-11-2006, 3:25 PM
Tyler, we are with you in spirit and please know that our prayers are with you and your family. One of the hardest things we can do is to let loved ones go on to their reward. The end of suffering and pain. Peace be with you and your loved ones.

Karl

Jim Becker
03-11-2006, 3:31 PM
Thoughts are there with you, Tyler...

Steve Ash
03-11-2006, 3:38 PM
Tyler, Andy put it best as my thoughts are along the same line as his. I am blessed that I have both parents (80 & 81) still active. I'm going over to give my Mom an extra hug today..... and I'll be wishing you the best as well as praying for you and your mom in this difficult time. God Bless.

Dave Richards
03-11-2006, 3:47 PM
Tyler, count me in on the prayer group.

May she have an easy time of it.

Chin up buddy.

Bruce Page
03-11-2006, 4:18 PM
Tyler, you have my prayers.

I'm praying that she will go peacefully.

Joe Tonich
03-11-2006, 4:27 PM
Tyler,

My Mom passed away in '01 from the big C. Thank God for Hospice......they're Angels on Earth.
We're praying for you and your Mom.

The Tonich's

Steve Clardy
03-11-2006, 4:28 PM
Thinking of you and your family during your hard time Tyler.
Hang in there.

Pete Simmons
03-11-2006, 4:29 PM
There was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and
had been given three months to live. So as she was getting her things "in
order," she contacted her pastor and had him come to her house to discuss
certain aspects of her final wishes. She told him which songs she
wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she would like read, and what
outfit she wanted to be buried in.

Everything was in order and the pastor was preparing to leave when the young
woman suddenly remembered something very important to her "There's one more
thing," she said excitedly.

"What's that?" Came the pastor's reply.

"This is very important," the young woman continued! "I want to be buried
with a fork in my right hand."

The pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to say.

"That surprises you, doesn't it?" the young woman asked.

"Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the request," said the pastor.

The young woman explained. "My grandmother once told me this story, and from
there on out, I have always done so. I have also, always tried to pass along
its message to those I love and those who are in need of encouragement.

'In all my years of attending church socials and potluck dinners, I always
remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone
would inevitably lean over and say, 'Keep your fork'. It was my favorite
part because I knew that something better was coming .. like
velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and with
substance! So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with a fork
in my hand and I want them to wonder "What's with the fork?" Then I want you
to tell them: "Keep your fork the best is yet to come." The
pastor's eyes welled up with tears of joy as he hugged the young woman
good-bye.

He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before her
death. But he also knew that the young woman had a better grasp of heaven
than he did. She had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many
people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge. She KNEW
that something better was coming.

At the funeral people were walking by the young woman's casket and they saw
the pretty dress she was wearing and the fork placed in her right hand. Over
and over, the pastor heard the question "What's with the fork?" And over and
over he smiled.

During his message, the pastor told the people of the conversation he had
with the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them about the
fork and about what it symbolized to her.
The pastor told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and
told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it
either.

He was right. So the next time you reach down for your fork, let it remind
you ever so gently, that the best is yet to come.

Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you
to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always
want to open their hearts to us. Show your friends how much you care.
Remember to always be there for them, even when you need them more. For you
never know when it may be their time to "Keep your fork."

Cherish the time you have, and the memories you share. Being friends with
someone is not an opportunity but a sweet responsibility.

And keep your fork!

Jerry Olexa
03-11-2006, 4:32 PM
Tyler, she will be in our prayers...

Mark Stutz
03-11-2006, 4:49 PM
Tyler, you and yours are in our prayers.

Earl Reid
03-11-2006, 5:10 PM
Tyler,
You and your Mother are in our prayer.God Bless.

Earl and Barbara

Rob Littleton
03-11-2006, 5:25 PM
God bless you Tyler and may He give peace to your mom in this time.

You and your family are in my prayers for sure.

Anthony Anderson
03-11-2006, 5:30 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your Mom, and your family Tyler. Andy said it best. Sincerely, Bill

David Wilson
03-11-2006, 5:31 PM
Tyler You and your family are in our thoughts. Bless you all.

Tim Morton
03-11-2006, 6:05 PM
Tyler, I lost my mom to cancer 5 years ago...so I feel for your pain you are going thru right now....you just take one day at a time and do your best.

Dick Parr
03-11-2006, 6:07 PM
Tyler, Mickey and I send our thoughts and prayers to you and your mom.

Lou Morrissette
03-11-2006, 6:18 PM
Tyler,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May the Big Guy bring you peace and comfort. Hang in there, Bud.

Lou

Frank Chaffee
03-11-2006, 6:40 PM
Tyler,
My thoughts are with you and your loved ones during this precious time.
Frank

John Shuk
03-11-2006, 8:00 PM
I hope she goes as peacefully as possible.

Charlie Knauer
03-11-2006, 8:01 PM
Tyler, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Charlie

Don Baer
03-11-2006, 8:18 PM
My prayers are with you Tyler. I've been where you are and know a lot of the pain you are feeling.

Randy Moore
03-11-2006, 9:01 PM
Tyler, give your Mom a great big hug and tell her we all love her. Pam and I will keep her in our prayers. I know that she will be greatly missed but she will be looking down on you from Heaven.

God Bless you and your family.

Randy

Mike Evertsen
03-11-2006, 9:03 PM
Tyler you have my prayers also.

I just came home from my mom it's hard for me to see her health slipping away and sitting there feeling like no one wants her around anymore because she has trouble walking and needs help getting around.

Joe Mioux
03-11-2006, 9:46 PM
Tyler:

You are a wonderful shinig example of life. I bet a good part of that came from your mother.

May her passing be peaceful. God Bless.

Joe

Norman Hitt
03-12-2006, 3:59 AM
My thoughts and best wishes to you and your Mom for her Peaceful departure.

Vaughn McMillan
03-12-2006, 4:14 AM
Tyler, your mom and your family will be in my thoughts. Considering how her son turned out, I'm guessing your mom is a wonderful lady. May she find peace.

I'm just starting the journey you've been on...my mom is not in good health and was diagnosed with lung cancer last Thursday. We won't know until the first of the week what the extent is, or what treatment options will be available.

- Vaughn

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-12-2006, 4:51 AM
Tyler, give your Mom a hug for me and my girls as well, your family are in our prayers.

I live very far away from my parents in Canada, that is one thing that I do regret in my life, the day will come, and I hope to be able to be there for them, like you are for you Mom.

God Bless, and Godspeed!

Tom Drake
03-12-2006, 4:57 AM
Prayers coming your way Tyler.

John Bailey
03-12-2006, 6:34 AM
Tyler,

Having her son there is giving her great peace. Give her a hug for me and tell her we're all with her in spirit.

John

Jackie Outten
03-12-2006, 8:06 AM
Tyler,

You, your mom and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We're here if you need us.

Jackie

Mark Singer
03-12-2006, 8:31 AM
Tyler,
Sorry to hear this news.....our thought stay with you

Peter Stahl
03-12-2006, 8:43 AM
My turn to ask for a few prayers. Mom is slipping away.There is no hope for recovery, it's about her time. I was just hoping for a peaceful passing. The big C is very painful. She has a great hospice team and they are giving her A-1 care.

Surfin the Creek is one of the few things I can do while she's resting. She'll ask why I LOL?? I tell her Andy or Dale are acting up again;) .

Thanks in advance.
Tyler,

Going though the same thing with my Mom too. I'll think of you when I say my prayers for our Mom's. Been a really rough time for her the last couple years. You're right too, the hospice folks are great! This things bring family and friends together but still not easy to cope with.

Fred Voorhees
03-12-2006, 9:52 AM
I guess that you really can't know just how hard it is to lose a parent until you are there. I've been there with losing my Dad last year (gee - it's coming up on a year ago already) and it does hit you. Cherish the time that is left with her and know that a better place is awaiting her when she does say goodbye.

Michael Stafford
03-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Tyler, our prayers go out to you and your mother....

John Miliunas
03-12-2006, 1:56 PM
Tyler, our thoughts and prayers go out to you, your Mom and your whole family. Peace be with you, my friend.

Matt Meiser
03-12-2006, 2:00 PM
Tyler, your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim Hager
03-12-2006, 2:02 PM
Tyler, you and your mother will be on my prayer list. God's speed to you guys as you go through this tough spot.

tod evans
03-12-2006, 2:16 PM
tyler, my thoughts are with you, tod

Ned Bulken
03-12-2006, 3:54 PM
Tyler,
of course our prayers are with you and your whole family. be strong, and know we're pulling for you.

Ron Jones near Indy
03-12-2006, 4:07 PM
Tyler,
Your family will be in my prayers.

Tyler Howell
03-12-2006, 5:52 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->:eek: It really Works:eek:
I could tell the warm waters of the creek had passed over my mom. She had a quiet night, was up, dressed, and entertained everyone during a little family get together.

A double dose for all those in need during these difficult times.
Thanks so much everyone.
The power of prayer really works:eek: :eek: .
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Dale Thompson
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Mr Howell,
I don't monitor the OT Forum very often so PLEASE excuse my inexcusable delay in responding.

My parents are both gone and I know that a large bit of our lives are tied to the things that we learned from our mom and dad.

Our gracious GOD will supplement the "Creek" with HIS goodness and mercy. My prayers and those of my family are with you and your mom in these days of an undecided future! GOD bless and support you, my friend!

Dale T.

john whittaker
03-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Tyler,
Your mom and family are in our prayers.
John & Terri

Corey Hallagan
03-12-2006, 11:57 PM
I am sorry to hear that Tyler. My prayers are with you and your family. Take care of yourself, I have been exactly where you are now. The hospice people are great human beings and are such a help at a time like this.

Corey

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-13-2006, 1:34 AM
Sorry, I'm so late with adding my thoughts. I, too, hope she is able to drift off, without too much more pain.

Bruce

Wes Bischel
03-13-2006, 6:53 AM
Tyler,
Our prayers are with your mom and family.

Wes

Richard Gillespie
03-13-2006, 7:18 AM
Tyler;

Having lost both of my parents, I wish to encourage you to find peace with the thought that her suffering is nearly over. You will miss her but your love for her will keep her alive in your heart and memories for the rest of your life.

Rick

Ed Lang
03-13-2006, 8:14 AM
PM'ed you Tyler.

Glad to read the good news.

Mike Wilkins
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Went through the same with my mom and heart/kidney concerns. Try and spend as much time with her as possible during these times. And even when you think she is asleep, talk to her anyway. She will hear.

Dale Thompson
03-13-2006, 11:56 AM
[/I][/B]

Thanks in advance.

Tyler,
Please tell you mom that I PROMISE to do my very best to behave myself. I'm sure that it will work because I am doing it JUST FOR HER and I am DETERMINED to be successful! :)

I can't speak for Andy. ;) With "two faces", he can get away with just about ANYTHING! ;)

Give mom an extra hug from me! :)

Dale T.

Bob Swenson
03-13-2006, 6:35 PM
Bless your Mom Tyler, she is a wonderful women for giving us you.Tell
her that we are all praying for her.

Dave Ray
03-13-2006, 8:16 PM
Tyler, my prayers are with you and your family. I know your mom is very proud of her son and having you by her side is a great comfort to her.

Steven Wilson
03-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Tyler, revel in the good fortune that you will be able to spend significant quality time with your mother before she passes. Too often we never have a chance to say our goodbye's while our loved ones are still alive. So enjoy the time that you and her have left and leave the grief and sadness for when she passes.

Charles McKinley
03-14-2006, 3:30 PM
Tyler,

Our thoughts and prayers are going out for your mao, you and your family.

Take Care,

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
03-14-2006, 9:47 PM
My sincere sympathy is with you. Even though we know it may be time, there is still a deep hole after we lose a loved one. She is certainly lucky to have loving and devoted son around in her final days. God bless you, my friend.

Tyler Howell
03-14-2006, 10:40 PM
All,
Thanks so much. We talked at length today about my good WW friends from all over the world. I've delivered all the hugs and best wishes you sent
I lol when she would warn me about creeker visits and people I met over the internet coming into my home:eek: .
She should be warning you about me:D .
Thanks again

Martin Shupe
03-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Prayers for you and your mom from Texas, too. May God comfort you in this difficult time.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Tyler.........I just got back to town this evening. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your Mom! Be strong my friend!

Tyler Howell
04-07-2006, 5:43 PM
I printed all of your responses and included them with the many cards from others.
My younger sister got a big kick out of the many avatars and signature lines also included.:)
She had a few questions about the pennant flag:rolleyes: I've been using for my avatar:rolleyes: . Did I mention she is a nun working in Rome:rolleyes: :o :p.
Thank you so much from all my family.

Glenn Clabo
04-07-2006, 5:57 PM
She had a few questions about the pennant flag:rolleyes: I've been using for my avatar:rolleyes: . Did I mention she is a nun working in Rome:rolleyes: :o :p..

The second sentence stops me from typing my first thoughts.:D