PDA

View Full Version : Winter is finally here

Howard Norman
03-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Up until yesterday we had received two snow storms with a total snowfall of about two inches. Thing have now changed. It started snowing yesterday morning and I would estimate 4-5" on the ground now with a forecasted total of 14-16" by the time the storm is over tomorrow evening.

We certainly need the moisture.

Howard
Walker, AZ(outside of Prescott)

Bruce Page
03-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Up until yesterday we had received two snow storms with a total snowfall of about two inches. Thing have now changed. It started snowing yesterday morning and I would estimate 4-5" on the ground now with a forecasted total of 14-16" by the time the storm is over tomorrow evening.

We certainly need the moisture.

Howard
Walker, AZ(outside of Prescott)
All that we have gotten out of it is wind. :(
We could reall use the moisture too.

Tim Morton
03-11-2006, 12:56 PM
we never got winter in vermont.....today its going to be 60 and sunny:)

(you do know me just whispering this will be cause for a 24" dump this week)

give me some wood to knock on!!!

Andy Hoyt
03-11-2006, 1:56 PM
Tim - I've been saying the same thing for a coupla weeks. One more last gasp doozy of a dump; then wait a day and it'll just melt. Of course, I've been saying this to myself, but now that it's been said in public, won't happen.

Jim Becker
03-11-2006, 2:22 PM
Blame it on Rob Littleton...it's his birthday and he lives in Prescott. :D :D :D

Joe Pelonio
03-11-2006, 2:54 PM
Didn't you set some kind of record for days without rain? We got 2" of snow for the commute home last night, but I've never seen anything like it. Soft balls the size of marbles. Not hard like hail, white like snow and they'd smash on the windshield. Piling up on the freeway it made for a nasty drive at 10-15 mph.

Howard Norman
03-11-2006, 3:13 PM
Didn't you set some kind of record for days without rain? We got 2" of snow for the commute home last night, but I've never seen anything like it. Soft balls the size of marbles. Not hard like hail, white like snow and they'd smash on the windshield. Piling up on the freeway it made for a nasty drive at 10-15 mph.
Phoenix set a new record of 143 days without measurable rain. The old record was 106 days I believe. I talked to my daughter and grandson in Phoenix this morning and they said it started to rain at their house early today.

Howard

Jim Young
03-11-2006, 5:37 PM
Winter has been pretty sad here too. Not much snow, just clowdy and cold for the most part. Now that it's fairly warm out, mother nature has conned everyone into thinking the winter is over, she'll probably hit us pretty hard one more time.

Boyd Gathwright
03-11-2006, 9:46 PM
.... I have already taken the snowblower off the tractor. That's way early for me :eek:. Hope this is NOT a sign of a bad omen :( :D.

Bill Fields
03-12-2006, 1:17 AM
Had the last fire in the fireplace tonite--rain amounted to maybe an inch here in Goodyear AZ. Very welcome, though--the dust was incessant from the desert and all the construction going on EVERYWHERE.

HEY HOWARD NORMAN--is your son Dr. Howard Norman, my neighbor here in EMR??

Tha would be a fine coincidence!

BILL FIELDS

Vaughn McMillan
03-12-2006, 4:22 AM
We had rain and a few inches of sleet at the house Saturday, and there's snow on the peaks of the mountains a quarter mile away. Not the typical LA view. ;) The temp on my back patio mid-afternoon was 35° F. Not the typical LA weather. :)

- Vaughn

Howard Norman
03-12-2006, 10:26 AM
We had rain and a few inches of sleet at the house Saturday, and there's snow on the peaks of the mountains a quarter mile away. Not the typical LA view. ;) The temp on my back patio mid-afternoon was 35° F. Not the typical LA weather. :)

- Vaughn
It is still/again snowing here this morning. I had my driveway plowed yesterday and you can't tell it this morning. There is at least a foot of snow here at my place.

No, the Dr Howard Norman is not my son-no relation that I know of.

Howard

Lee DeRaud
03-12-2006, 12:06 PM
We had rain and a few inches of sleet at the house Saturday, and there's snow on the peaks of the mountains a quarter mile away. Not the typical LA view. ;) The temp on my back patio mid-afternoon was 35° F. Not the typical LA weather. :)Sounds like payback for January, when I used the A/C more often than the furnace.

Bruce Page
03-12-2006, 12:11 PM
We woke up to about 3" of snow this morning, it's the first measurable snow of the year!

Brett Baldwin
03-12-2006, 1:03 PM
Yes, it has finally rained here and I'm sure all my weeds will greatly appreciate it. It was a nice full day of off-and-on rain that should do our drought situation at least some good. It seems to be headed right back to normal but at least we had a full day of rain instead of just an afternoon downpour like usual (when we get rain that is). I hope we can persuade a few more fronts to come through here this year. I ride a motorcycle everyday so I don't mind sunny weather much but there can be too much of a good thing. Being stuck inside did lead to a nice deal that will be a gloat in about a month or so though, so there were at least two bright spots to our rainy Saturday.

Clint Gauthier
03-13-2006, 8:36 PM
Spring has arrived in south Louisiana. The trees are green, flowers are blooming and the grass growing.

It was 87ºF last saturday. Although a little warm, the weather has been great!