PDA

View Full Version : 3520B Help!

Pete Jordan
03-10-2006, 2:47 PM
I finally got the mustard machine together today(Pix to follow) but I can't get the handwheel on the tailstock to turn even when the lock is off. Please help!

Pete

Cecil Arnold
03-10-2006, 3:56 PM
Pete, there was a post on that sometime this month. As I recall, you need to push the t/s back while turning the handle, when it engages there is an allen screw you need to tighten. Fuzzy memory, best to search for the thread or call PM.

Mark Cothren
03-10-2006, 4:07 PM
I think this is the thread referenced: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31852&highlight=tailstock

Jason Wulff
03-10-2006, 4:10 PM
Hello Pete. I had the same the problem a month ago. There is a screw, if you look at the diagram in the manual it is #21 and #20 on the side of the tailstock, which is to ride in the groove of the quill. Sometimes this screw is tightened too tight at the factory. Just loosen the hex nut and back the screw out a little so it is not tight up against the quill, but leave enough screw so the quill can still travel on this screw. Then give the handwheel a good turn as it took a little muscle to break the quill loose for the first time. Should be smooth sailing after that.

If what I stated above is not your problem. Call PM, they are very easy to talk to and I'm sure more than willing to help.

Edit: Pete beat me to the punch. If you look at the thread, Earl had the right idea but the screw was too tight, not too loose, in my case.