PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer to the Creek

Mike Coyne
03-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I have been skulking around the Creek since Nov. of last year, and thought I would finally get around to thanking you all and introduce myself.
Over the last several months, the information and tips I have picked up have proven to be a great help in my shop and on my projects.
I have been involved in woodworking since I was a kid, due to my father's interest in it. I am currently working in IT for an investment firm, but dream of retirement and the start of a custom woodworking business. Not wanting to suffer the wrath of the Creek I am attaching some pics of my garage shop.........any comments would be greatly appreciated. It took awhile to put together, but I am very proud of it. Once again thanks to all. I want to apologize if this sounds clipped, but I am multi-tasking at the moment, and wanted to get this out.33580

Lee Schierer
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Welcome. Nice looking shop. When do we get to see the things that were made ther? LOL We hope to see you around the creek.

David Duke
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mike, see you have learned to beware of Tyler!! Nice looking shop and look forward to seeing what comes out of it.

Steve Clardy
03-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Nice shop space. And welcome to the creek!

Keith Burns
03-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Welcome Mike. Very nice shop, well thought out and well organized. You won't find a better place to hang your hat:) The only thing I see missing is a LATHE:eek: Whats up with that ?:D

Jim Hager
03-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Welcome, a new comer with a pretty good shop going on. What a way to wade into the creek, pics and all.

Steve Ash
03-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Welcome Mike, glad you decided to jump on into the creek. Nice looking shop you got there as well.

Brett Baldwin
03-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Welcome Mike. The thing I see missing is mess. It looks like you've put a lot time in making solid cabinets and bases for your shop. I suppose organized and well equipped is one way to go.;)

john whittaker
03-10-2006, 1:09 PM
Mike....nice looking shop cabinets you've made. Nery nice garage shop. Not nearly as messy as mine.

If you have a relative named Steve....I will not hold that against you :D. Welcome to SMC.

Mike Zozakiewicz
03-10-2006, 1:56 PM
Nice looking shop Mike and welcome to the creek. Like you I am in IT and retreading to woodworking is a thought I have had from time to time. It is just great to be able to get your hand on your work once in a while! Especially after a long day of chasing software bugs!:)

Mike

Cecil Arnold
03-10-2006, 4:01 PM
Welcome to the creek Mike, very nice shop. Don't worry about Tyler, he's about to get a lathe--he just doesn't know it yet--and after that the picture police may let up a little.

Vaughn McMillan
03-10-2006, 5:03 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Mike. Glad to see you decided to jump in and post. Nice-looking shop, but like others have mentioned, it looks suspiciously clean. ;) You must have a cleaning lady come in once a week to tidy the place up or something. :)

- Vaughn

Tyler Howell
03-10-2006, 5:37 PM
Welcome Mike,
Pix police seal of approval.
But Mike. WW to WW, shop's a little too clean.:D

Roger Everett
03-10-2006, 5:51 PM
Welcome aboard Mike. I'm with Tyler A shop that looks like you could eat off the floor, doesn't fit the image, and makes me feel a bit like a shop slob. Next time you post a shop pic., at least throw a bit of saw dust around.
Roger

Gregg Mason
03-10-2006, 5:58 PM
Nice looking shop you have there. Welcome.

Karl Laustrup
03-10-2006, 6:02 PM
Mike, welcome to just about the best place on the internet.

I was hoping you lived up here on the "Frozen Tundra", cause I'd sure come and visit if you did. Nice shop.

Karl

Dick Parr
03-10-2006, 8:52 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mike, you have a great looking shop with lots of nice toys.

Tom Hamilton
03-10-2006, 8:54 PM
Welcome to the Creek, you will add much to our learning.

Best regards, Tom