PDA

View Full Version : PC Router Questions

Ron Wright
03-10-2006, 9:52 AM
I use a PC 690 router for cutting dovetails with my Leigh Dovetail Jig. I also have a PC 894 PK (fixed base and plunge). I would like to use the 894 router fixed base to cut pins while using the 690 for tails (or vice versa) when cutting through dovetails. The problem is that the 894 router base plate is a clear plate with a larger hole that does not accept the standard Leigh bushing for the dovetail jig. Is there a different plate or bushing I can use for cutting dovetials using 894 and the Leigh Jig?:confused: If someone has the part numbers or addtional information on how to fix this, please let me know. I plan on making some through dovetail drawers this weekend, and would like to have both routers set up for this task.

Steve Clardy
03-10-2006, 9:55 AM
Hi Ron. You can get a sub base like the one on your 690, [black] and it should fit on your 894

Ron Wright
03-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Thanks Steve. Do I contact PC or is there an outlet where I can find the sub base other than PC?

Steve Clardy
03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
You can get one from PC, or, Pat Warner makes nice replacement sub bases. Hes a member here.
Just look in the member section to find him. His contact info is there.