PDA

View Full Version : A Looooooong Wait for Blades

Norman Hitt
03-10-2006, 4:57 AM
They must have sold a Humongous amount of the Freud Rip and WWII blades during the TOOLDAYS Sale at Amazon, 'Cause my confirmation e-mail showed an expected shipping date between April 11 and April 25 th with delivery expected between April 13 and April 28, for both Blades. Did the rest of you that ordered one of these get the same long wait? ('course, I just got in under the wire with a Confirmation e-mail @ 11:02 PM).;) Glad the Drill Press Parts I ordered from Sears don't show a long wait.

Now, I've just got to make a Decision on "Which" Finish Blade to get for the Mitre Saw.:confused: With all the "Little things" this month for the shop, the "Unexpected" Mitre saw stand purchase, and the "Gold Plated" prices for the DP parts, the Tool Budget has taken a fatal Hit, so I'm afraid the Forrest (Chopmaster, or whatever it's called), is out of the picture for a while. I really prefer a full kerf blade, especially on a 12" saw, but may have to settle for something like the DeWalt, or the Infinity, which I think are Both thinner blades. I'd sure like to have a good users report on these blades if anyone has one of them. Price is certainly an issue on this right now, BUT the cut has got to be good enough to make Finish Cuts for FF parts, aprons, etc. because I hate making these cuts with a sled.:(

Any experience with one of these, OR other brand of economical blade would be appreciated.

Vaughn McMillan
03-10-2006, 6:01 AM
...Did the rest of you that ordered one of these get the same long wait? ('course, I just got in under the wire with a Confirmation e-mail @ 11:02 PM).;)...
My thin kerf rip blade is scheduled to ship March 10 and show up March 14. (I used the two-day shipping, since I have Amazon Prime). I'm guessing one or more of your blades were backordered, and mine was in stock.

Can't offer any suggestions on the miter saw blade.

- Vaughn

Norman Hitt
03-10-2006, 11:33 PM
My thin kerf rip blade is scheduled to ship March 10 and show up March 14. (I used the two-day shipping, since I have Amazon Prime). I'm guessing one or more of your blades were backordered, and mine was in stock.

Can't offer any suggestions on the miter saw blade.

- Vaughn

I guess I'll have to check out that Prime thing. I vaguely remember seeing something pop up with that name, but didn't know what it was, and wasn't sure which time zone the amazon sale would cut off with so I just went on to checkout to get in under the wire.;) I was running kinda close because of the Unexpected hurry up trip to HD to score on the Rigid MSUV.:D You're probably right about the in/out of stock thing.

What is that Prime thing anyhow?