PDA

View Full Version : Freud Rip and Glue Line Blades Sales Ends Tonight

Dennis Collins
03-09-2006, 8:46 PM
I am interested in purchasing a ripping blade for my table saw and was curious about the reputation of the Freud LM72R010 24 tooth rip blade or the LM74R010 30 Tooth Glue Line Blade.

Amazon has a good price on them tonight only. Thanks for your suggestions and comments. I will be up late trying to decide to make an order.

Brandon Shew
03-09-2006, 9:25 PM
Do it. I have a 24T GLR blade from Freud (standard kerf - not sure if they even make a thin kerf on this one). I love it. It really does rip flawlessly - even on my underpowered saw. I've sliced through some 10/4 wenge with it as well as plenty of maple, mahogany, walnut, zebrano, pine, etc. and it always comes out perfect. I've put a lot of board feet through it and it's still razor sharp so it holds its edge well.

Good call on the rip blade. I know a lot of people who use strictly WWII on their saw for everything, but I seriously doubt that you are getting as good a rip as you would with a true rip blade (or as good of a crosscut that you get w/ a crosscut blade).

David Eisenhauer
03-09-2006, 9:42 PM
I'm only the new guy just joining in, but wiyh the time limit looming, I'll jump in. I've used a 24T FTG Freud (full kerf) on my Unisaw since some time in the 80's. It has been sharpened numerous times and usually ends up staying on my saw until I have to change over to the hardwood veneered ply blade. It gets used for all utility cutting in the shop - crosscutting hardwood and ply as well as ripping. It does a good enough job that I rarely remember to change over to a general use type blade that does do a better job (I guess). Best of luck.

Barry O'Mahony
03-09-2006, 10:41 PM
One nice thing about their 24T rip blade is the flat teeth leave a kerf with a flat bottom: handy when cutting kerfs for horizontal reinforcing splines in mitered corners of boxes, for example.

Dan Lyman
03-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up Dennis. I picked up one of the LM72R010 blades for $31.49

Dan

Vaughn McMillan
03-09-2006, 11:23 PM
As I mentioned in the other post, I have the LU87 (I had the model number wrong in the other post) thin kerf rip and have been very pleased with the results on my contractor saw. Mine's in need of sharpening, and I've been waiting for a good price on another so I can have one to use when the other's being sharpened. I figured $22.04 delivered was hard to pass up. Thanks.

BTW, welcome to the Creek, David (and all the other new guys).

- Vaughn

Chris Padilla
03-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, maybe the sale is over...I couldn't get that price!

Chris Padilla
03-09-2006, 11:33 PM
ah, nevermind, there are mulitples of some of the same blades...gotta keep clicking until you find the one that they aren't showing the price for! :) cool....

Bill Fields
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Thank for the heads up-

Got plenty or Freud blades--and spares--highly recommend them. Don't know why the Forrests cost so much more?

Bill

scott kinninger
03-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Awesome!! I've been eyeing up one of those 24 tooth blades for months. Now I got one. Thanks for the info!