PDA

View Full Version : Freud Rip ///// Double Post//// My Bad

Dennis Collins
03-09-2006, 8:45 PM
I am interested in purchase a ripping blade for my table saw and was curious iabout the reputation of the Freud LM72R010 24 tooth rip blade or the LM74R010 30Tooth Glue Line Blade.

Amazon has a good price on them tonight only. Thanks for your suggestions and comments.

Doug Shepard
03-09-2006, 8:57 PM
I've had the LM72R010 24 tooth for maybe around 7-8 yrs now and I've been real happy with it. It gives pretty smooth cuts and I've thrown some pretty thick and hard/gnarly stuff at it over the years. So far it's been my first and only rip blade though, so I can't tell you how it compares to other brands. I don't know about the 30 tooth, but my brain has a bit of a hard time accepting the "glue line" claim from any saw blade without a pass or two with a plane or jointer to clean up after the cut. Maybe it really works as claimed??

Jeffrey Makiel
03-09-2006, 9:13 PM
I have the LM72 for quite a while also and it works well for ripping as well as for use in composite lumber.
-Jeff

Vaughn McMillan
03-09-2006, 9:34 PM
I also have the LU87 thin kerf rip and have been very pleased with the results on my contractor saw. Mine's in need of sharpening, and I've been waiting for a good price on another so I can have one to use when the other's being sharpened. Looking at tonight's Amazon price, I think that time is now. Thanks.

- Vaughn