PDA

View Full Version : Best place/price for a new scroll chuck?

Hank Walczak
03-09-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm looking for a SuperNova or an Oneway.... Kind of indifferent as to which one at this point. Realize both have advantages/disadvantages. Just not sure where to spend my money. I'm sure fellow Creekers will have no problem helping me spend it!!

Hank

Dick Parr
03-09-2006, 1:32 PM
Hank when I was at Woodcraft yesterday I saw where the SuperNova 2 is on sale for I think $159. That's about $70 less then what I paid for them:mad:

I have not tried any other brand so I can't comment on them, I like the S/N2 that I have with the different sets of jaws.

That is the only one that I have seen on sale anywhere.

Good luck.

Keith Burns
03-09-2006, 1:40 PM
You can get the supernova with the insert for $170 at woodchipshome.

Hank Walczak
03-11-2006, 8:16 PM
Dick - Found out something interesting. Only your Woodcraft store had the chucks on sale. The one in Atlanta didn't; seems stores can have unadvertized specials that they use to pull in customers. The Knoxville store would ship it to me it I wanted them to.

Keith - Contacted the Woodchipshome site and placed an order with them. Sent them an e-mail; had a couple of questions I needed answers to before finalizing my order. Got a response to the e-mail in a couple of hours. Definitely a better deal on price. Should have it sometime this coming week. Thanks for your advice.

Hank

John Shuk
03-12-2006, 11:25 AM
www.kmstools.com is the best place I've found for buying a Supernova. They have great prices and I was able to buy a Supernova with all the fixings for about $300. It was an easy choice. I think the Oneway is a litlle nicer chuck but alot more money. I can't speak on the Supernova 2 tho

John Strait
03-12-2006, 11:39 AM
www.kmstools.com is the best place I've found for buying a Supernova. They have great prices and I was able to buy a Supernova with all the fixings for about $300. It was an easy choice. I think the Oneway is a litlle nicer chuck but alot more money. I can't speak on the Supernova 2 tho

John,

Did you have any extra charges with shipping from Canada to the US on your chuck purchase? I have read where you could be charged an additional 5%, but not sure how often this happens.

Thanks,
john

Jim Becker
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
John, a number of Canadian firms who cater to US customers, too, have facilities for shipping below the border. Lee Valley is an example. I've never heard anyone mention any surcharges from KMS, but don't know what their arrangement is.

John Shuk
03-13-2006, 3:42 PM
I bought my chuck on ebay from KMS. I can't remember the shipping cost but it was reasonable and I got it fast.

Hank Walczak
03-13-2006, 5:08 PM
I ordered the Supernova2 from WoodChips on the 9th and the unit came in the mail today. Pretty prompt, if I say so myself. Looking forward to making wood chips this week. Gloat w/pics later.

Hank

Scott Loven
03-13-2006, 5:19 PM
Talon $209 with adapter
http://www.oneway.on.ca/chucks/talon.htm
Stronghold is $259 with adapter
http://www.oneway.on.ca/chucks/stronghold.htm
I got free shipping.
Scott

Jim Davenport
03-13-2006, 5:45 PM
I just ordered the "Talon" form Oneway last week. Over $150.00 Oneway doesn't charge shipping. The lady was real helpful on the phone.