PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Bonker

George Conklin
03-08-2006, 7:06 PM
In fairness to the rest of the animal, err, insect kindom Ihave turned my version of a Scorpion Bonker. Notice the extra long handle for those not wanting to get too close to the nasty little creatures.:cool:

Alright, alright. I knew I couldn't pull one over on you guys. It's really my defense just in case I ever find myself King Mackerel fishing with Big Mike.:D

This is my first attempt at spindle turning. I finally had a couple of hours free (new job is eating up all my time) so I thought I'd fire up the lathe. It's a piece of hard maple finished with Murphy's Walnut oil.

Thanks for looking.

George

Karl Laustrup
03-08-2006, 7:10 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, How sweet it is. Great looking bonker George.

Karl

Michael Stafford
03-08-2006, 7:10 PM
George, you are safe. I promise never to go fishing for King mackerel in Arizona. Nice looking mallet!:D

George Conklin
03-08-2006, 7:16 PM
Whooooa. Had to go back and edit. I have no idea where the Salmon came from:confused: . Might of had Kens Salmon Bonkers on the brain.

George

John Hart
03-08-2006, 7:22 PM
Nice nice nice George! :) Glad to see you back in the saddle! Feels good don't it??;)

Ernie Nyvall
03-08-2006, 7:29 PM
Looks like it will bonk real good. ugh

Ernie

Bob Noles
03-08-2006, 7:45 PM
Nice job George.... I really like the fancy handle.

Bernie Weishapl
03-08-2006, 7:56 PM
Looks good George. Nice looking handle. Great work.

Curt Fuller
03-08-2006, 9:20 PM
What kind of scorpions do you grow down there on that Arizona ocean front property that need that heavy duty of a bonker?:eek:

That would make a very nice wood carving mallet too. Nice job!

Keith Burns
03-08-2006, 9:46 PM
Great looking Bonker George! Very professional and well thought out design. Probably the best Bonker I've seen and believe me I've seen my share:D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2006, 10:04 PM
I thought I was king of bonkers......now I've just been put back to the rank of "Rank Amateur Turner Wannabe"!

Excellent Bonker George! Excellent!

Andy Hoyt
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Ken - You think it's bad now with all these Bonker Wannabes cranking 'em out.

But just wait til the cheap imports come in from "offshore assets".

But never fear - all of the really old spinsters here at SMC who were here when it all began will always know that while you may yet be dethroned (bonked - as it were) we'll always think of you as:
The The Big Bonker
The Father of Modern Bonketry
The I.M. Pei of Free Form Bonkistics
The creator of that new local access cable show - Nude Co-ed Bonking.

Corey Hallagan
03-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Definitely a nice bonker, the wire burning is a nice touch!

Corey

Vaughn McMillan
03-09-2006, 2:36 AM
George, that is indeed a fine bonker. Of all the bonkers I've seen, that's one of them. You might want to think of getting the legal rights to the Conklin Bonker™. Has a nice ring to it. Pity the fool scorpion who crosses your path!

Ken...we'll always think of you as:
The The Big Bonker
The Father of Modern Bonketry
The I.M. Pei of Free Form Bonkistics
The creator of that new local access cable show - Nude Co-ed Bonking.
Ken, you will always be held in the same high regard as:

Walter Bonkrite
Bonkminster Fuller
Pablo Boncasso
Leonardo DeBonci - Vaughn

P.S. Andy, I always thought with the Nude Co-Ed stuff, they spelled bonking with an extra "i".

Lee DeRaud
03-09-2006, 10:25 AM
What kind of scorpions do you grow down there on that Arizona ocean front property that need that heavy duty of a bonker?:eek: If they're anything like the ones I've seen in Texas, I want the bonker with the extra-extra-extra-EXTRA-long handle.:cool:

Glenn Clabo
03-09-2006, 10:43 AM
I thought I was king of bonkers......now I've just been put back to the rank of "Rank Amateur Turner Wannabe"!

Excellent Bonker George! Excellent!

You are now...and will forever be Da King Da Bonkers!

Don Orr
03-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm bonkers over your bonker:eek: :D . Nice job, should serve you well for a long time. I would need a MUCH longer handle to get anywhere near a scorpion:p !