PDA

View Full Version : I'm brand spankin new to the creek

Jim Clark
03-08-2006, 3:10 PM
Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hello and to let you all know how impressed that I am with this site and all of you.
I've been to quite a few other sites but this one seems to have members that are down to earth and really seem to enjoy what they all have in common.
At any rate I just wanted to say hello and if anyone ever wants to give me a holler please feel free.
Sincerely,
Jimmy C :D

Ron Wright
03-08-2006, 3:19 PM
Welcome. I am new also, and the reason you stated is the same reason I joined up. I think you will find the conversations stimulating at best.

Kyle Kraft
03-08-2006, 3:23 PM
Welcome to the 'creek!

Pete Harbin
03-08-2006, 3:23 PM
Welcome aboard Jim! Good to have you.

Pete

Karl Laustrup
03-08-2006, 3:24 PM
Jim, welcome. Glad to have you wading in the "Creek". And Ron, I don't remember welcoming you, so welcome aboard as well.

We like pictures. :)

Karl

Jerry Strojny
03-08-2006, 3:26 PM
Newbie also. Just joined a couple days ago. I thought this would be a great resource and place to be among fellow dust and shavings makers.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2006, 3:28 PM
Welcome to the Creek Jim! Neat place to trade information and obtain opinions!

Tyler Howell
03-08-2006, 3:28 PM
Welcome Jim,
This is a pretty good group but you gotta watch out for those spin dudes. A real different bunch:rolleyes: . The new converts you have to keep an eye on the most.:D :D .
Glad to have you, love to see your work

Steve Clardy
03-08-2006, 3:31 PM
Welcome Jim and Jerry!!
Watch out for ol Tyler, he's the official photo cop.
He'll get ya if you don't post pics about your toy, er, tool gloats, and your projects you build.
Steve

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2006, 3:31 PM
You are next Howell.........you in that little thongy thing of yours!:D

Mark Singer
03-08-2006, 3:32 PM
Jim,
Welcome to the Creek....smooth woodworking via the internet...great people and the refreshments.....those afternoon marguaritas do wonders for a dry sawdusty throat....and make for creative woodworking...I didn't say safe:confused:
"Spankin".....saw that in Brokeback....in fact that is how he broke his back...too much spankin and not enough ropin

Jerry Strojny
03-08-2006, 3:38 PM
Welcome Jim and Jerry!!
Watch out for ol Tyler, he's the official photo cop.
He'll get ya if you don't post pics about your toy, er, tool gloats, and your projects you build.
Steve

If ya like photos....I just (well almost) finished a hope chest for my sis-in-law. Wedding gift.....only 6 months late. I post some pics tonight when I get home. I think it turned out pretty good.

Matt Tawes
03-08-2006, 3:51 PM
Welcome all newcomers. Great place to hang out here and glean good info. on almost anything and another great feature is you get good honest (well some biased:D ) reviews of tools that you might consider buying and where the best deal is or what Amazon special codes are running.

Sure, I woodwork for a living (should be now instead of surfing the net) but I try to contribute and still get alot of good back from everyone.

Steve Ash
03-08-2006, 3:57 PM
A welcome to all of you newbies...glad you found us.

David Duke
03-08-2006, 4:13 PM
As has been said by many, welcome to all the newbies, the number one rule is NO PICTURES = IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!!!

Once again welcome, great folks here and all willing to share their knowlege and/or opinions.

Maurice Metzger
03-08-2006, 4:23 PM
Welcome! Hope you've got lots of batteries for your camera...

- Maurice

Vaughn McMillan
03-08-2006, 5:08 PM
Add my welcome to you new guys to the stack. Good to have you along for the ride.

- Vaughn

P.S. Jim, in regards to your subject line "Brand Spankin' New..." Ya gotta watch using the term spankin' around here. We've already got problems with thongs and other unmentionables, we don't need things to get kinky now, ya hear?

Brent Smith
03-08-2006, 5:13 PM
Welcome to the Creek Jim. You've found the right place to get your feet wet. Amazing amount of knowledge here.

Brent

Frank Pellow
03-08-2006, 5:17 PM
Hey, I can get in three welcomes for the price of one.

Welcome, Jim, Ron, and Jerry.

Just in case you are not aware of it, our archive of old threads is a great source of information and our seaqrch facility is OK (not great, but OK).

Joe Blankshain
03-08-2006, 6:06 PM
Jim, Ron and Jerry,

Welcome to the Creek. Bunch of nice folks with lots of great ideas, project and attitudes.

Jim Hager
03-08-2006, 6:16 PM
Welcome aboard guys, be sure to get involved in what is taking place. Pick your passion. We got turners, hand toolers, machine heads, and various other items of interest here.

Jerry Todd
03-08-2006, 6:22 PM
A BIG WELCOME JIM!!

Jay Knoll
03-08-2006, 6:47 PM
Thanks for joining! We all look forward to posts and pics!

Jay

Jim Becker
03-08-2006, 7:30 PM
Welcome aboard, Jim!

John Bailey
03-08-2006, 7:40 PM
Welcome Ron, Jeremy and Jim. You're gonna' like it here. There's a lot of good advise, fun and, at times, a bit of mischief.

John

George Kretschmann
03-08-2006, 9:25 PM
I'm new here also but welcome anyway. These guys here are down to earth and yes this is a huge board not like I have ever seen before. There are hundreds at a time here...incrediable and from all over the place.:D

lou sansone
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
welcome to SMC... we are a nice bunch of ww's

lou

Lou Morrissette
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the Creek, guys. Enjoy and send lots of pics.

Lou

doug webb
03-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Welcome, and don't believe what you hear about the spinnin guys. Well some of it may be...

Corey Hallagan
03-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Welcome to SMC, it's a great site and you will love it here. Can't wait to see some of your work!

Corey