PDA

View Full Version : Picture Viewing - Since the "EVENT"

Michael Cody
03-08-2006, 9:30 AM
Since the "EVENT" and change over to blocking linked pictures, I can't see any pic's that are uploaded to SMC ... just linked outside pic's. All I get is the blocked image gif.

In troubleshooting this problem the issues appears to be my firewall. As long as I turn it off, I can see pic's but with it on I can't. I am running Zone Lab Pro. I also have the problem with a customer site that uses a proxy server.. I will continue to investigate and see if I can work around it. But for other folks who have this issue, that might be the problem.

I don't know if this is being addressed any farther, but I won't run w/o a firewall just to see pic's. Hoping there is a better solution in the near future.

Andy Hoyt
03-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I have had no problems seeing any pics before, during, or after the Event.

I'm running XP and using Firefox 1.0.7 as my browser.

Have the Windows firewall turned off and the Norton Internet Security firewall turned on.

Scott Donley
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
No pics here with Norton firewall on, turn it off, I have pic's. Even tried SMC as a trusted zone, I give up for today :(

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2006, 12:30 PM
On my home computer...no pics....turn Zonealarm off....pics.....

Brad Schafer
03-08-2006, 12:59 PM
fwiw - i haven't had any trouble at all. i'm running ZA on multiple systems and have tried inside/outside firewalls, proxy servers, etc.

thot keith wrote earlier that you needed to be a registered user (or logged in) to see pix.

Bruce Page
03-08-2006, 1:14 PM
As I posted about this last night in: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32558 My home PC will not show the pics, my work PC shows them as always. I'll try disabling my firewall tonight (Norton) just as a test, but I won't run without it long term. This seems to me to be a local SMC glitch and I'm sure Aaron will look into it.

It appears that there are several members experiencing the same problem.

Andy Hoyt
03-08-2006, 1:30 PM
Aaron justed put this up in that other thread

Ian,

You are correct. This is a result of a recent change I made to prevent hot-linking (bandwidth stealing). Apparently there are quite a few browser configurations out there that rewrite the GET request header, so I will move to my second project.

Images should be working for now.

Steve Clardy
03-08-2006, 4:40 PM
Well. All I gotta say is--------------------
Thank goodness SMC's banner pic isn't Tyler's thong.:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Some of ya would really be screaming. Lol

Dale Thompson
03-09-2006, 4:49 PM
Well. All I gotta say is--------------------
Thank goodness SMC's banner pic isn't Tyler's thong.:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Some of ya would really be screaming. Lol

Hey Steve,
The secrets of the universe would be revealed by a simple poll!

Question: What would YOUR preference be for SMCs BANNER PIC?
- Howl's Thong? :D

- The famous Clardy AVATAR? :eek: :(

- ANYTHING else?? ;) (i.e. Closeups of a root canal, interior view of a bursting appendix, a fire hyrant's view when surrounded by a pack of dogs, a first floor view from inside a two-story outhouse, etc.) ?? :eek: :)

Dale T. (Voting on a SECRET ballot!)

Steve Clardy
03-09-2006, 4:52 PM
Hey Steve,
The secrets of the universe would be revealed by a simple poll!

Question: What would YOUR preference be for SMCs BANNER PIC?
- Howl's Thong? :D

- The famous Clardy AVATAR? :eek: :(

- ANYTHING else?? ;) (i.e. Closeups of a root canal, interior view of a bursting appendix, a fire hyrant's view when surrounded by a pack of dogs, a first floor view from inside a two-story outhouse, etc.) ?? :eek: :)

Dale T. (Voting on a SECRET ballot!)

Hehaw!!!!!!!! That'd be a hard choice Dale!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: