PDA

View Full Version : A New House-Update #33 Long-With Pix

Karl Laustrup
03-08-2006, 7:13 AM
March 6th & 7th, 2006 [Monday & Tuesday]

This is a little late, but there's a good reason. Monday was my B-day. We went out to eat and LOML said I would get my present Tuesday. Didn't have a clue what to expect. Got home Tuesday from the house and found this.....

My B-Day present. Ate supper and promptly fell asleep in said chair. It's a verrrrrrrry comfy chair. So that's why I'm doing my update this morning, Wednesday 3/8/2006.

Monday 3/6/47

Not a whole lot went on today. Drywallers came back and finished up what little they had to do. Once they were done the clean up crew came in and cleaned up all the drywall and swept the whole house. I worked in the basement some sweeping, for about the 5th time, and started to put down some of the Dri-Core flooring at the landing of the stairs.

Tuesday 3/7/06

The tapers had just gotten to the house when I arrived. Two Mexican guys in a Cadillac. They got to work pretty quickly. I had to go to the golf course and get them water [I don't have water yet]. I ended up bringing them about 20 gallons. They cranked the heat up. It was almost 80 when I left. I'm not sure how much they got done, but they are coming back today [Wednesday], to continue or finish up, whatever the case may be. I'm just trying to stay out of the way.

These pics were pretty early in the taping process.

I'll be back today and try and get some more pics of the progress. It's really starting to look more like a house, at least on the inside.

We need to get rid of the snow now so the area under where the deck will be can be graded. Also waiting on the kitchen window so the siding can be finished in front. All in due time I guess, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

More tonight hopefully.

Karl

David Fried
03-08-2006, 7:48 AM
Hapy Birthday! Great chair, I think you'll really really enjoy it with all you have going on! Thanks for the update - looks like you're going into the final stretch.

Dave Fried

Tom Drake
03-08-2006, 8:36 AM
Happy belated birthday Karl. Great looking chair too. I hope everything continues to go as smoothly as it has so far. I can't believe the house is coming together so quickly. You must have the best GC in the whole country.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2006, 8:41 AM
Happy Birthday Karl! The pictures you posted of your new house? It's starting resemble the SMC logo a whole lot! Now buddy.....that's maybe taking SMC to the heart a little too much!:rolleyes:

I wished I could see the photos! I know this much....Your contractor and subs are going great guns! Enjoy the process Karl!

John Miliunas
03-08-2006, 9:17 AM
Well dang it, man!!! This whole 2-job thing is catchin' up with me. So very sorry for having missed your B-day!!! :( :o Looks like you had a good one, and please, accept my belated grettings for your recent Birthday!!!:)

Well, unless you intend on putting one machine in per room, I guess the whole shop idea on that place you're building is down the terlit, ain't it??? :( So it goes...:( OTOH, it does look like it should make for a pretty nice house!!! :D Great progress! (Caddy, huh??? Nahhhhh...I still don't enjoy muddin'! :) ):cool:

Bruce Page
03-08-2006, 9:29 AM
Happy Birthday Karl! That chair does look comfy!
I have Pella’s throughout my home. They are great windows, you’ll love them.

Steve Ash
03-08-2006, 9:36 AM
Happy birthday Karl...I made you a cake....sort of.

Andy Hoyt
03-08-2006, 9:56 AM
He gets a birthday, a chair, and a new shop that looks like a house. Sheesh!

Jerry Olexa
03-08-2006, 1:12 PM
Karl: HAPPY BIRTHDAY.You deserve a rest. Enjoy your new chair. The shop (err House) is shaping up well. Must feel good to have the heat on..:D :)

Von Bickley
03-08-2006, 1:51 PM
Karl,

Happy Birthday and thanks for the up-date...:)

Norman Hitt
03-08-2006, 3:03 PM
Wellllll...........Happy Belated Birthday, Karl. Guess I was right about the nap in my other Post.:D Oh Well, you can be forgiven for napping through the House Update Post Time this time, after all, That Chair is really just another "NEW TOOL", Right, and ALL new Tools have gotta be taken for a Test Run.

Except for color, it looks a lot like the one my LOML gave me last year, and after I got it "broken in", it is sometimes better sleeping in it than in the bed.;) Sooooooooo......Enjoy!

Eddie Watkins
03-08-2006, 4:19 PM
Happy Birthday! Nice chair. Your GC is really making progress.

Jim Hager
03-08-2006, 6:19 PM
Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUU. Happy Birthday ole Karl, Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUU!!!

N-Many-More!!!!!!!!

Bernie Weishapl
03-08-2006, 8:30 PM
Happy Birthday Karl. Looks like the house is coming along.

Tyler Howell
03-08-2006, 9:35 PM
Karl!!!
Many more Buddy.
:cool:

Vaughn McMillan
03-09-2006, 1:27 AM
Happy Birthday Karl, and keep them construction pics comin'. You're gonna owe the crew(s) a bigtime case af beer when this thing's over. They're making great progress.

- Vaughn