PDA

View Full Version : OT - Oak Factory Forum

Mike Deschler
03-07-2006, 7:43 PM
Is the Oak Factory forum still active? I can't seem to display any messages. Anyone know their situation?

TIA,

Mike

Phil Phelps
03-07-2006, 7:47 PM
I post on the political side, but it's been down for several days. I don't know what trouble Sherry is in.

Steve Clardy
03-07-2006, 7:52 PM
Don't know. Don't visit there much.
I call that site==The Screamer Site. To wild for me.

fred woltersdorf
03-07-2006, 8:42 PM
sherry's working on it

Peter Stahl
03-07-2006, 9:37 PM
I sent her a email a couple days ago and She said she was working on it then.

Ron Blaise
03-08-2006, 1:13 PM
I just checked a while ago, still down. Bummer!:(

Jim Hager
03-08-2006, 1:23 PM
I have been in touch with CJ and Mike Robertson and none of really know what the heck is going on on the site. I sure hope that sherry is able to get it back up and runnin. I really enjoy this site a lot and I'm beginning to get to know my way around over here but I know most posters on the oak and can give them the business without causing offense. I miss it terribly.:confused: Lots of us have got a lot of years invested in some great relationships even if Steve Clardy thinks that we yell a lot. :D Heck we are just having fun.:o

Bonyfingers

Steve Clardy
03-08-2006, 4:04 PM
I have been in touch with CJ and Mike Robertson and none of really know what the heck is going on on the site. I sure hope that sherry is able to get it back up and runnin. I really enjoy this site a lot and I'm beginning to get to know my way around over here but I know most posters on the oak and can give them the business without causing offense. I miss it terribly.:confused: Lots of us have got a lot of years invested in some great relationships even if Steve Clardy thinks that we yell a lot. :D Heck we are just having fun.:o

Bonyfingers

Ha ha!!:D :D :D I just didn't get along over there very good with some of them. Most of them I did, but had a run in or two a couple of times.
I haven't posted over there in probably a year or so. Can't remember.
I've followed a lot of your posts over there Jim. Took a while to fit you here.:D :)
Not a problem, just not my style over there. I used to post a lot there, around the badger pond days.

Bob Aquino
03-08-2006, 4:09 PM
Do they still have that "Now that we have a president" blurb at the top of the page?

Jim Hager
03-08-2006, 6:12 PM
Ha ha!!:D :D :D I just didn't get along over there very good with some of them. Most of them I did, but had a run in or two a couple of times.
I haven't posted over there in probably a year or so. Can't remember.
I've followed a lot of your posts over there Jim. Took a while to fit you here.:D :)
Not a problem, just not my style over there. I used to post a lot there, around the badger pond days.

Sometimes we get heated up a little bit and there is not a set of moderators set up to cool the coals when they get hot. It is totally self moderated and I'm sure that I have been out of line a couple of times( read numerous). I see a lot of our present and former posters here on the creek and I usually recognize the names, yours included. We don't mean any harm, just a matter that we have gotten used to each other over the years and we just let the manure fly where ever it may land.

I posted on the badger pond a little bit but wayne was always all over me any time I did for one small infraction or another. I always seem to test my limits, just the way the good lord put me together I reckon. I am however enjoying the nature of this place a lot, and I'm beginning to pick up a few buddies here and begin to recognize people and remember what they are up to.

Phil Phelps
03-08-2006, 6:34 PM
[QUOTE=Jim Hager]Sometimes we get heated up a little bit and there is not a set of moderators set up to cool the coals when they get hot. It is totally self moderated and I'm sure that I have been out of line a couple of times( read numerous).
We have many heated run-ins. Sherry leans a little left and has total hammer control. Many posts get deleted on an hourly basis. I am always right, so I have a lot of trouble over there. I like it like that.

Steve Clardy
03-08-2006, 6:44 PM
Badger Pond. Yea. Remember those days.
I was in trouble there a lot. New to the forums.
I once posted a free drill there. [ There was a rule there, no sales]
Anyway, I didn't see anything wrong with giving a drill away. Needed batteries, figured someone could use the drill and charger. One guy caught the post before it got zapped. Gave him the drill.
Old Wayne sent me a less than cordinial email giving me the right act. Basically slapped me. Oh well------
I remember the Oak when Kip was around. That site was always wilder than most, and I could get in the heat of battle over anything there. Lol

Bruce Page
03-08-2006, 8:27 PM
I used to play around at the Oak, back before Kip passed away. Got into a few heated discussions too. :rolleyes:
I still cruise it once in awhile - I get a kick out of 'ol CJ Hebert, one of the most talented WW's around.

Jim Hager
03-08-2006, 9:12 PM
I used to play around at the Oak, back before Kip passed away. Got into a few heated discussions too. :rolleyes:
I still cruise it once in awhile - I get a kick out of 'ol CJ Hebert, one of the most talented WW's around.

Yeah, he's pretty talented all right. One of the best bs distributors on the net.:D I've really enjoyed his adventure of moving to Maine and building a new place right off his own land. He's cut all the trees milled them on a logosol chain saw mill and constructed a log style house all by himself. A little bit on the nutty side but none the less a major feat by a pretty good ole boy. I guess he's enjoying what he's doing so I'll go in for that anyday.

Jim Hager
03-08-2006, 9:14 PM
[quote=Jim Hager]Sometimes we get heated up a little bit and there is not a set of moderators set up to cool the coals when they get hot. It is totally self moderated and I'm sure that I have been out of line a couple of times( read numerous).
We have many heated run-ins. Sherry leans a little left and has total hammer control. Many posts get deleted on an hourly basis. I am always right, so I have a lot of trouble over there. I like it like that.

I never go into the political forum. I guess I just ain't got the guts or the time for it. I've looked in a few times when it first came on but I'll bet it has been months since I even clicked on the icon. Maybe she'll get things going in a couple more days.:confused:

Dennis McDonaugh
03-08-2006, 9:33 PM
Sometimes we get heated up a little bit and there is not a set of moderators set up to cool the coals when they get hot. It is totally self moderated and I'm sure that I have been out of line a couple of times( read numerous).

Jim, isn't self-moderated kinda an oxymoron :p ? I read the Oak almost every day, but rarely post. There are a few characters that think THEY own the place.

Dale Thompson
03-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Is the Oak Factory forum still active? I can't seem to display any messages. Anyone know their situation?

TIA,

Mike

Mike,
If they are having a problem, let MR. CJH solve it! :) He knows EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING! :rolleyes:

How many pics of multiple cabinet carcasses can you post without boring even YOURSELF? :confused: Whatever, I got tired of his tyranny and that of his "trained" hyenas about two years ago and came over to THE CREEK! I've NEVER looked back! :)

I would like to say that I am sorry for the rant - but I'm NOT!! :cool:

OK, Mr/Ms Moderator, earn your pay! I have violated the rules and deserve to be deleted! :eek: Be my guest! It was worth EVERY keypunch!! :cool: :)

EGADS!! Every once in a while I get SERIOUS about something!? :o :eek:

Dale T.

Bruce Page
03-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, he's pretty talented all right. One of the best bs distributors on the net.:D I've really enjoyed his adventure of moving to Maine and building a new place right off his own land. He's cut all the trees milled them on a logosol chain saw mill and constructed a log style house all by himself. A little bit on the nutty side but none the less a major feat by a pretty good ole boy. I guess he's enjoying what he's doing so I'll go in for that anyday.
I've been following his adventures from the time that he packed up his tools and left Florida. I just hope he dosen't kill himself....paint cans can be dangerous, ya know. ;)

John Lucas
03-09-2006, 5:42 AM

Bonyfingers

Right on Bony!!! Starting the day reading The Oak with creative writing and doing of Pat Coppers is like having your first cup of coffee. Chatted with CJ today about this and he is in the dark as well. Clearly Sherry likes the political forum better than The Oak. The Oak was Kip's creation...this is not a good death of it.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-09-2006, 6:39 AM
Say what you will about the Oak, but it has been a fun place for me to visit and share with some good friends for nearly 10 years!

I knew Kip via e-mail, and he ran a good, if loose ship :D

I don't have to defend CJ, he can do it for himself, but, off the forum, him and I have developed a good friendship, and the man does know his stuff, even if you don't agree with the way he does some things.

Personally I don't see much use of taking the advice of people who don't believe in themselves, one thing you can say about CJ, is that he believes he is right, and I've found that he is, almost 100% of the time, for him :D

I hope that Sherry gets it back together, I too do not bother with that "political forum" life is to short, and besides that, when it comes to that stuff I'm always right, so why bother arguing about it ;) :rolleyes: :D

I sure hope that the Oak gets back up and running, it is one of the best living memorials to Kip, a great guy.

Cheers!

Ron Blaise
03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
I've been following his adventures from the time that he packed up his tools and left Florida. I just hope he dosen't kill himself....paint cans can be dangerous, ya know. ;)

I wonder if he's surfing this site? Maybe like the rest of us "Oakers" going through withdrawal symptoms?
Ron

John Hebert
03-09-2006, 2:08 PM
wow.........a fan :)

John Hebert
03-09-2006, 2:11 PM
I'm incognito at the moment he he he :p

Dennis McDonaugh
03-09-2006, 2:25 PM
Are all the boards down at the Oak? The other day I could get into the woodworking board, but not tools and machinery.

John Hebert
03-09-2006, 2:37 PM
to be working is "Wood U Trade".........other than that everything is dead

Scott Coffelt
03-09-2006, 2:41 PM
Hey CJ,

Love the work you have been doing on your new home/shop. Quite a project, but I am sure with major rewards.

For everyone else, CJ doesn't need paint cans any more he found out what ladder does :)

John Hebert
03-09-2006, 2:56 PM
yep...... quite rewarding considering they are all my trees that went into this. Well..... almost...... I did buy a few, maybe 50 cedar off a buddy of mine, so I could save my own for future use

Dale Thompson
03-09-2006, 3:27 PM
wow.........a fan :)

Hi C John,
Welcome to The Creek! Please understand that I fully agree with all of the positive things that have been said about you in this thread. :) I also, more or less, agree with MOST of the non-positive things. :)

I do, however, apologize for the "flame" that I wrote last night. :o That stuff is TOTALLY uncalled for and I am sorry. I think that I mixed a bit too much Wild Turkey with my battery acid last night and allowed my "Mr. Hyde" side to override my "Dr. Jekyll" normalcy. :o

Everyone on this Forum knows that I am like a delicate flower. I am beautiful, sensitive, politically correct, mentally "challenged" and have no WWing skills worth mentioning. :(

On this Forum, everyone (except for all those mean Moderators) treats me accordingly. :) They know that I will weep profusely if they ever even remotely tread on my last vestige of self-esteem! :o

I certainly wish all the best to The Oak! It would be a shame to see Kip's legacy vanish from the web. :(

Should that horrendous fate, however, occur, please give me some time to develop some friends of my own on this Forum before you bring your many friends over. In two years on this Forum, I don't have ANY friends yet but I have hopes for as many as TWO. The problem is that one of them is a Moderator who wears a phoney wax mustache and the other is a VIKING fan who insists on wearing thongs in public! :eek:

Again, John, my apologies!

Dale T.

John Hebert
03-09-2006, 3:49 PM
I have one of those "Hyde" fellers too that tend to get me in trouble :D

Frank Chaffee
03-09-2006, 4:54 PM
…Everyone on this Forum knows that I am like a delicate flower. I am beautiful, sensitive, politically correct, mentally "challenged"…
…In two years on this Forum, I don't have ANY friends yet but I have hopes for as many as TWO. The problem is that one of them is a Moderator who wears a phony wax mustache and the other is a VIKING fan who insists on wearing thongs in public! :eek:
Dale T.
Well Dale,
I will have you know that I am also like a delicate flower, and even tho I am not beautiful, am too scarred to be sensitive, am a bleeding heart liberal, have long since given up on mental challenges, and do not fit into the wax and thong crowd, I am hurt to the core of my crushed petals that you do not include me among your hoped for friends on the Creek.
You Dale, who has risen to the top of my (admittedly short), list of (token) Republican friends (most of the others must have gone to Australia or somewhere similar, as, last I spoke with them they were chanting something about “bush”, or was it “shrub”?), might have noticed my attitude of rapt attention whenever you have posted here, and acknowledged me in some way.
Ugly but sensitive,
Frank

Dale Thompson
03-09-2006, 5:36 PM
Well Dale,
I will have you know that I am also like a delicate flower, and even tho I am not beautiful, am too scarred to be sensitive, am a bleeding heart liberal, have long since given up on mental challenges, and do not fit into the wax and thong crowd, I am hurt to the core of my crushed petals that you do not include me among your hoped for friends on the Creek.
You Dale, who has risen to the top of my (admittedly short), list of (token) Republican friends (most of the others must have gone to Australia or somewhere similar, as, last I spoke with them they were chanting something about “bush”, or was it “shrub”?), might have noticed my attitude of rapt attention whenever you have posted here, and acknowledged me in some way.
Ugly but sensitive,
Frank

Hey Arena,
I am weeping uncontrollably over the fact that I may have ruffled one of your delicate petals! :(

I have no excuses except for one minor thing. I am only on my 37th reading of Ann Coulter's book entitled, "How to Talk to a Liberal - If You MUST". I figure that that will be my only salvation if I am to successfully beg for your most valued friendship! :D I admit that I must first get my head out of the "shrubs" and see the TRUE value of, "It Takes A Village". :o :)

Hey, bud, I am quite proud to know a "Liberal" (there are NOT that many left) and consider him to be my friend! :) The converse of that is up to YOU! :) Hey, baby, who loves ya? :) :cool:

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
03-09-2006, 5:48 PM
Hey, baby, who loves ya? :) :cool:
Dale T.
Ditto friend (tho not a Dittohead).
Frank

Dale Thompson
03-09-2006, 6:04 PM
Ditto friend (tho not a Dittohead).
Frank

Arena,
Your mournful response has forced me to remove my moss-covered, "RUSH IS ALWAYS RIGHT" cap and replace it with one of my clean (if I can FIND one) SMC caps! :) :cool:

Dale T.

Peter Stahl
03-12-2006, 11:28 AM
to be working is "Wood U Trade".........other than that everything is dead

John,

Have you heard anything from Sherry? Is the ship going down? Doesn't look good, been over a week since it stopped working. Maybe you could talk Dizzy into running it, He seems like he's very computer literate. If the Oak is dead, let us know where you're going to hang you hat. Love reading your posts over on the Oak.

John Hebert
03-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Sherry said she has a teck working on it, but this is rediculous! Dizzy said he was gona look into starting something........I'll keep you posted

Peter Stahl
03-12-2006, 2:18 PM
Sherry said she has a teck working on it, but this is rediculous! Dizzy said he was gona look into starting something........I'll keep you posted

thanks John