PDA

View Full Version : Open House Announcement

Alan Turner
03-07-2006, 4:04 PM
This Saturday, March 11, our new teaching studio, Philadelphia Furniture Workshop, is hosting an open house from 4:30 to 6 pm. The shop is located in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.

All of my friends at SMC are invited. Mario Rodriguez and Jeff Jewitt will be there. Refreshments, etc. A bit of old iron is hanging around. I will bring over the Newport Kneehole Desk, and Mario will have a piece or two there as well. Please stop by, take a look at the new shop and talk a little wood.

Email me for a more formal invitation and driving directions, or just stop by. The address is on the web site:

www.philadelphiafurnitureworkshop.com

Alan Turner
Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Karl Laustrup
03-07-2006, 6:21 PM
Wish I were a wee bit closer Alan. I would really enjoy meeting you and getting an up close and personal with the knee hole desk.

Good Luck! Hope it's a packed house. Err, shop.

Karl

Jim Becker
03-07-2006, 11:37 PM
I will see you Saturday afternoon! (Assuming the sky doesn't fall at home...)

Dan Forman
03-08-2006, 3:35 AM
Wish I could make it too! Hope all goes well on your new adventure.

Dan

Bill Grumbine
03-08-2006, 8:06 AM
Well you already know I'm going to be there Alan! Mr. Becker, I will look forward to seeing you there, and perhaps any other Creekers.

Bill

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2006, 9:10 AM
Alan....I hope you have a good turnout! I wish I could be there!

Larry Fox
03-08-2006, 9:34 AM
I will be there. Jim and Bill, look forward to meeting you guys and hope to meet more Creekers.

Dave Anderson NH
03-08-2006, 10:11 AM
I want to wish you the best of luck and every success in your new venture Alan. I wish I could be there to see the improvements you've made and the finished benches which were still pretty far from completed when I was there in January.

Carl Eyman
03-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Does Philadelphia Furniture Workshop have a company Jet? If so, would you be so kind as to send it by to pick me up? Otherwise I can't make it, but wish you the very best. Pictures please!

Keith Starosta
03-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Best of luck with the event, Alan!

Jim, be sure to take your camera!! :D

- Keith

Steve Evans
03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Looking forward to meeting everyobdy there on Saturday. Should be a good weekend.

Stev

Scott Vigder
03-08-2006, 8:30 PM
Congratulations and best wishes on the event. Please let Mr. Jewitt know I consider "Finishing" the ultimate finishing resource. He may want to consider the next printing in laminated pages so I can bring the book even closer to my work!

Todd Davidson
03-08-2006, 8:40 PM
Hi Alan~

If I can find someone to ride shotgun I'm gonna try to make it down. Any NE Creekers up for a road trip?

In peace, Todd

john whittaker
03-08-2006, 9:17 PM
Alan, great looking studio. Best of luck on your open house.

Bruce Page
03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Does Philadelphia Furniture Workshop have a company Jet? If so, would you be so kind as to send it by to pick me up? Otherwise I can't make it, but wish you the very best. Pictures please!

Alan, I'd love to attend! After you pick up Mr. Eyman in Louisiana, swing the Lear over to Albuquerque and pick me up. ;)

Wish I were closer...

Rob Bodenschatz
03-08-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm going to try to make it. I'll just need to check with my social coordinator first.:o

Since I'll be representing the newbies, be prepared to answer some pretty dumb questions.

Just sent you a PM regarding the Basic WW class on the 18th.

Vaughn McMillan
03-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Alan, I'd love to attend! After you pick up Mr. Eyman in Louisiana, swing the Lear over to Albuquerque and pick me up. ;)

Wish I were closer...

Since the jet's headed west anyway, might as well pick me up at Burbank. I'll chip in $20 for gas. Although by the time we add Mark and Lee and Don and a whole other passel of left-coasters, that Lear better resemble a Gulf Stream to fit us all.:eek: :D

Here's wishing you good luck and continued success with your new endeavor, Alan. Wish I could be there...sounds like a Who's Who of woodworking, and a wonderful place to teach and learn.

- Vaughn

Don Baer
03-09-2006, 12:38 AM
I' in for $20 for gas. ....:D

Craig Feuerzeig
03-10-2006, 7:53 AM
Looks like fun Alan, I'll give you a caul.:D

Tom Hamilton
03-10-2006, 8:51 AM
Congratulations, Alan, on your new venture and the grand opening celebration this weekend.

Here's a toast to the new venture and a wish that you have too many customers, all of whom pay on time! :D

All the best, Tom

PS: I'll drive over to Thibidoux from Houston and ride with Carl! :)