PDA

View Full Version : Help with pricing

Greg Hairston
03-07-2006, 11:45 AM
I am building this to match a current kitchen. Right and middle cabinet is 84" X 33". Pocket doors on top and a pull out shelf for a printer. Middle cab is same dimensions with adjustable shelves
Last cabinet is 11" x 96" and is to be used as a broom closet.
Material will be Birch ply with maple faceframes. Location Mid South Region. I will have to match the finish and the molding on top.

What would the price range be for a group of cabinets like this

Greg

Matt Tawes
03-07-2006, 1:47 PM
Hey Greg,

Prices vary by a lot in every region. I would say just looking at what you suggested would go something like this (for me anyway) Material cost (with 20% markup) plus approx. $25/hr. for all your labor (milling, assembly, finishing) mimimum 40-60hrs. Some would say it's cheap but depends on what the going rate is in the area.

Greg Hairston
03-07-2006, 2:39 PM
Thanks Matt

brent lenthall
03-07-2006, 7:50 PM
Finished with Raised panel doors, beaded face frames and inset doors (stain, topcoat) I would charge around 3,500 - 4,000.

jack duren
03-07-2006, 8:07 PM
Brent how many hrs you figure in the job?

Charlie Plesums
03-07-2006, 10:12 PM
If you really must have pocket doors on top, remember that you then have to build what is essentially a separate cabinet inside the cabinet to hold the shelves.

"Match the finish" can eat your lunch, particularly if the customer is picky. Bottom line, I won't quote "match the finish" deals, especially if they are using cheap wood underneath (like birch plywood). If the customer wants a "stain ready" cabinet, and can hire the person who did the original kitchen, I will build but not finish.

brent lenthall
03-08-2006, 7:31 AM
My est. was based on 40hrs- and I would outsource the doors. Full height stained grade cabinets ballpark around 500/ linear ft. then add for things like pocket doors, special finishes, extra hardware, etc.

Matt Tawes
03-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I want to work for clients in Brents area:D.
None of the custom cabinet shops in my area can charge $500 a linear foot unless perhaps they're including all hardware and counter tops. I suppose If I priced my jobs by linear foot I'm probably getting $150 at best and I build all doors and drawers and outsource the countertops.

jack duren
03-08-2006, 11:00 AM
"I want to work for clients in Brents area"

me too :D ...

i got a whole set of kitchen cabinets going in saturday that only cost $5500. and that took me 80 hrs...jack