PDA

View Full Version : The Next IT Contest Judging Finalized - The winner?

Dennis Peacock
03-07-2006, 9:02 AM
Good Morning,

After considerable deliberation, thinking, reviewing, pondering, mulling it over, looking at details, talking via data bits across the internet.....Ok, Ok........:rolleyes:

The Winners Are?

Best Of Show: Mr. John Hart (Planet Buckeye)

Aesthetics: Mr. Keith Burns (Exotic Jacks)

Innovation: Mr. Curt Fuller (Toilet Plunger Cozy)

Total Turning: Mr. Gary Max (Sycamore Lamp)

Thanks to each of you and CONGRATS to each of you. Thanks to all that entered or even thought about turning and entry.

Keith Burns
03-07-2006, 9:39 AM
Congrats John, a well deserved win !! Congrats to all who entered, I'm glad I didn't have to judge this as I could not have picked a "winner" as they were all winners in my book! I would be proud to display any of them in my home. Thanks to the judges!

John Miliunas
03-07-2006, 9:59 AM
Congrats go out to John, Keith, Curt and Gary, as well as all the contestants! :) 'Twas not an easy decision!!! :) :cool:

Ernie Nyvall
03-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Congratulations John!!!! And of course to all who placed. Great job everyone.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
03-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Congrats to all. Great job by one and all.

John Hart
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't know what to say. I mean....I really don't. I've never taken first place in anything....ever. I certainly feel that others are more deserving. The entries were just great. My Globe sits here proudly on my desk in my office and I enjoy it every day.:)

Thank you to the judges for putting in all the time you did. It must have been difficult. I wouldn't want to judge this. A huge thanks to those who participated. I am always in awe of your work.

Dennis Peacock and I have been discussing the next contest. It oughta be fun and with lots more participation!!:)

Thanks again!:o

Bob Noles
03-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Cheers to each of you :)

Every single entry was a winner and y'all are some of the most creative and skilled turner's around these parts.

Cecil Arnold
03-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Congratulations to all. Nice bunch of folks.

Andy Hoyt
03-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Well done -all of you. I'm envious of your "outside the box" thinking and amazing talent.

Don Orr
03-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Congrats to all, well done! Looking forward to the next one.

Ernie Nyvall
03-07-2006, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=John Hart] I've never taken first place in anything....ever.

Well, you never have to say that again... cool And as far as deservings... The judges spent a good amount of time working this one out and I can't say they are wrong. You got it buddy.

Dennis Peacock and I have been discussing the next contest. It oughta be fun and with lots more participation!!:)

About this... I had said that I would participate and have to apologize for not doing so. My work bumped up to many hrs/day and I just didn't have the time. So please don't goad yourself for the lack of participation. I was especially glad for this contest because it did get me to thinking and probably many others the same. Your "Planet Buckeye" made me think of something that I've always wanted, and now think that I can turn, so all I can say is thanks to those who did participate. They were all ideas that some of haven't thought of, but will probably now attempt.

Ernie

Paul Douglass
03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Congrats to all! I'm fairly new here, so I have to ask, are there pictures somewhere of the entries? Sure would like to see what everyone came up with.

Bill Stevener
03-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Congratulations John, Keith, Curt and Gary. All great turnings and presented very well. Thanks to the judges for contributing your time and knowledge.

Can't wait to see what the next contest is about and hope all will join in. The (IT) contest sure was fun.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

John Miliunas
03-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Congrats to all! I'm fairly new here, so I have to ask, are there pictures somewhere of the entries? Sure would like to see what everyone came up with.

Paul, here's the link to the entry thread:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=30438

Enjoy....:) :cool:

Mark Singer
03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I would like to thank all the contestents and the hard(headed:rolleyes: ) working judges...it was fun and we spent many hours over coffee , deserts, and hard liquor making these decisions....if this job didn't pay as well as it does....I just couldn't handle it:rolleyes:

John,
If you would have used Shlamaca, I would have given you a special award...but you would have been disqualified for trying to bribe and influence a judge:eek:

Great work ...all of you!

Jim Ketron
03-07-2006, 3:40 PM
Congrats to all who entered!
Great job well deserved win John!

Gary Max
03-07-2006, 3:45 PM
Congrats John--- do not forget to take a pic of the plaque so we can all see it.

Steve Clardy
03-07-2006, 4:35 PM
Congrats to everyone!!
I thought about entering, but thats as far as it got. Lack of time to even think about what to turn.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-07-2006, 7:27 PM
Fantastic, Folks.

Bruce

Corey Hallagan
03-07-2006, 8:07 PM
Congrats to John, Kieth, Curt and Gary!

Corey

Curt Fuller
03-07-2006, 8:49 PM
Congratulations John!! And same to Keith and Gary. But mostly thanks to those who thought this thing up, organized it, and judged it. It was a lot of fun. Nothing like a little competitive spirit to get the wheels turning in your head. Thanks again to everyone!

Dick Parr
03-07-2006, 8:51 PM
Congrats to John and all that entered.;)

Michael Stafford
03-08-2006, 6:45 AM
Congratulations to all the winners! Nice projects!

Mike Ramsey
03-08-2006, 9:58 AM
Congratulations to all you heavy thinkers!! I Didn't make it to OZ to
get a brain in time for the ending!!

Jim Becker
03-08-2006, 7:40 PM
Congrats to all the contestants....it was not easy to pick any one "winner" for each catagory. (And truth be told, we almost had an extra catagory before we re-read the rules and adjusted our opinions accordingly... ;) )

But major congratulations to the listed winners! Excellent work and very inspiring!

Jim Dunn
03-08-2006, 7:45 PM
See I'm gone just a week and John's won again. Way to go John and all who entered.

Jim

Earl Eyre
03-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Well done to all of you. That was a tough contest...hard to think up projects. So you all deserve much praise!
Earl

Chris Barton
03-09-2006, 7:33 AM
Congrats to everyone. We only see these kinds of contests here in "turning land" not on the flat side of SMC. Good work!