PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly trip....part II

Dwayne Payne
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Well tonight I stayed after hours and started the assembly process. The machine is very easy to assemble. Install the "kickstand" front wheel, elevation crank, dust hood and infeed/outfeed tables. That is about it, you do not even need instructions.

When you remove the crate the first thing you might notice is there are not enough parts. The machine is held down with 2 angle brackets, remove them and lift and you will find the rest of what you need under it. I did not install the tables or the dust hood. Less to get in the way for the trip home.

I did have 2 small problems. The handle that attaches to the elevtion wheel came off ( see pics) and there is not enough oil in the gearbox. I called Grizzly before leaving the shop and a new handle should be on the way tomorrow. While resizing the pics tonight for upload I noticed what looks like a wet spot on the crate bottom. I will have to investigate more tomorrow.

The wheels on this thing are cast steel, machine rolls very easy on the shop concrete floor. Handwheel moves table up and down smoothly. Takes a while to run the full distance since this machine has an 8" capacity. There is a scale on the right side of the infeed to indicate thickness setting. The best word I think I can come up with this scale is "cheesy". I knew it was when I bought it but I plan to mount the digital scale on it later.

In general machine seems ready to go. No other problems noted other than the 2 mentioned already. I was going to hook it up and run some shop wood through it tonight. But since oil is low I thought it best not to.

I hope to get it home tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. If it has to stay in the shop another night I will put oil in it and run something through it just for fun.

If anyone wants pictures or has questions about specific pieces/parts just let me know.

Dwayne

Ken Fitzgerald
03-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Dwayne.........You can color me "GREEN" with envy! Nice looking machine....please report back after you've used it for a while!

Steve Clardy
03-07-2006, 9:07 AM
Don't understand the cheesy scale.
Once its set to correct, its on the money.
One crank of the wheel raises, lowers the table a 1/16"