PDA

View Full Version : Ring Box Help

Ernie Kuhn
03-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Here I am, asking for help again.
A friend has asked me to make a special ring box for his girlfriend's engagement ring. Any idea where to get the cushioned insert for ring boxes
Thanks in advance
Ernie

Perry Holbrook
03-07-2006, 9:49 AM
You may have to make it. I've used several methods. The best for me is to glue fabric to foam rubber. Then wrap it around a small dowel. Two of these side by side will do the trick. Perry

Michael Stafford
03-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Ernie, if you look around you might be able to find some headliner material at the fabric stores. I use this for ring holders. I cut some pieces of cardboard or foamboard to fit the box that leave a little room for the headliner material. I use spray adhesive and attach some kind of pretty soft plush fabric like crushed velour, velvet, ultrasuede etc. to the sized piece of headliner. Then I spray adhesive lightly on the cardboard/foamboard and attach the headliner/plush fabric. I make all my ring bars this way. Feels nice and looks nice.

Ernie Kuhn
03-07-2006, 3:15 PM
Perry, Michael,
Thank you both so much. I'm not going in to production but will try both methods since I will probably build a couple.
Again, thanks guys,
Ernie

Robert E Lee
03-07-2006, 3:47 PM
Ernie, you might check at a bridal shop or a jewelry shop.

Vaughn McMillan
03-07-2006, 6:48 PM
Ernie, Rockler sells velvet ring inserts: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9875
Don't know if they'd be what you're looing for, but thought I'd pass it on.

- Vaughn

Ernie Kuhn
03-07-2006, 9:46 PM
Robert, good suggestion, hadn't thought of that.
Vaughn, exactly what I had in mind.
Thank you both.
Ernie