PDA

View Full Version : New Kitchen Set w/Pics

Scott Vigder
03-06-2006, 6:32 PM
This is my first foray into woodworking. I bought the plans for the chairs, then designed my own table to go with them. Close scrutiny will reveal how the chair fabric is the same as the window treatments.....boy does the wife like that! I tried to get some nice photos of my through tenons but let's all hope I'm a better WW than photographer.

Steve Clardy
03-06-2006, 6:55 PM
Looks nice Scott!!!

Alan Tolchinsky
03-06-2006, 7:02 PM
Great job Scott and it's always nice when you add something that pleases SWMBO. Is the clock on the right your creation too?

Tom Pritchard
03-06-2006, 7:08 PM
This is my first foray into woodworking. I bought the plans for the chairs, then designed my own table to go with them. Close scrutiny will reveal how the chair fabric is the same as the window treatments.....boy does the wife like that! I tried to get some nice photos of my through tenons but let's all hope I'm a better WW than photographer.

Wow Scott, if this is your first project, I can't even imagine what you will be turning out in the projects to come! You did a great job on the table and chairs. I really like the finish on the table, and even though I haven't seen many fabric covered chairs that I like, yours are beautiful! Great job Scott!

Scott Vigder
03-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Thx.... I don't know what was more fun...tackling chairs or designing the table. I may want to get a few more projects under my belt before my next set of chairs...they were a MONSTER to get just right. And let's not forget the ummm several board feet of wood wasted by recutting and refinishing certain chair parts.

Corey Hallagan
03-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Wow, that is great work! Chairs are something I just won't tackle. Congrats!

Corey

Vaughn McMillan
03-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Very nice work, Scott. You just might have to change your sig - I recognized the table and chairs right away. ;)

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
03-07-2006, 8:42 AM
Scott, love both, the chairs and the table. Very, very nicely done! :) Say, where did you get the plans for the chairs??? (Might be on a future [probable:o ] "honey do" list.) :) :cool:

Dick Parr
03-07-2006, 8:46 AM
Great job Scott. They look great!:)