PDA

View Full Version : Lumber Mills in Texas ??

Ben Roman
03-06-2006, 5:49 PM
Are there and lumber mills in Central Texas (Georgetown / Austin ) area. I am not interested in the Fine Lumber's and Austin Hardwoods stores. Is there a pricing site that posts typical BF pricing for different States? It's kinda fun to pick up 100 BF of Something new and use it till it runs out then buy something else. My last buy was 250 BF of Walnut and i am starting to run out. I am thinking of trying Pecan this time.

Lamar Horton
03-06-2006, 6:03 PM
Closest one I know of is M&G Sawmill, down by Huntsville.

Ben Roman
03-06-2006, 6:06 PM
Do they have lots of Species / Selection ?? How is there pricing ??

Lamar Horton
03-06-2006, 6:08 PM
Not sure but they do have a web site mgsawmill.com.

Saul Harris
03-06-2006, 6:16 PM
The Woodworkers Club of Houston is having a field trip in May to the M & G Sawmill in Huntsville. The guys at M&G are promising special deals for the members during that trip. If you can wait, it might be beneficial.

Another option would be Texas Kiln Products in Bastrop. I drive by there often. They have a new storefront that is right on Hwy. 71 just south of Bastrop. It is on the left as you leave Bastrop. There is a map on their website (www.texaskilnproducts.com (http://www.texaskilnproducts.com)). I have purchased some pretty nice pecan from them in the past. They have the indiginous stuff ... pecan, mesquite, etc. Nice guys to deal with too.

Dennis McDonaugh
03-06-2006, 7:15 PM
Texas Kiln Products is in Smithville, Don Henthorn may know something about them. (866) 774-6456

Rich Souchek
03-06-2006, 8:27 PM
Ben,
M & G Sawmill is about 6 miles west of Huntsville and they have a verry good selection of wood, god prices, and are friendly. I bought some pecan from them about 5 months ago that I thought was great. check out their website http://www.mgsawmill.com/index.html and their monthly specials.
Rich S.

Ben Roman
03-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the Tips. I think I will take a drive down there and check it out. Sounds like a day trip for me from Austin but thats ok.