PDA

View Full Version : Project: Arched back porch swing

David Duke
03-06-2006, 4:35 PM
This is the project I've been working on the past week, design came from WS#98, built out of QS red oak.

Thanks for looking

Mike Cutler
03-06-2006, 5:24 PM
That's going to look really fine on the porch. Nice work David, but be sure to post a pic of the final installed position.
It looks really nice.

Michael Adelong
03-06-2006, 8:28 PM
Very cool bench. You did a great job.

I might try one of these myself for my front porch.

Mike

Keel McDonald
03-07-2006, 7:09 AM
Nice craftsmanship David. I love the arched back and flat slats on the back. This would look good on anyone's porch.

John Miliunas
03-07-2006, 8:18 AM
Very well done, David! Looks real classy. Only problem is, I need to keep LOML from seeing that or I'll have yet another project to add to my ever-growing list! :) :cool:

Larry Norton
03-07-2006, 8:24 AM
Oh, Man! David! That's beautiful! Liz bought a poplar bench for our porch, but I like your's much better! Thanks for posting the picture.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-07-2006, 8:28 AM
David.....Another great work as we have come to expect from you!

David Duke
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone, this will be for my son and DIL, they will be moving into their new home in a couple of weeks and figured I give them a little house warming present early. Between this and all the baby furniture I've been making they've been getting the bulk of my project time the past few months, gonna have to branch out and pick up a few more customers :D :D .