PDA

View Full Version : Little doggie meets big doggie

Kirk (KC) Constable
03-05-2006, 7:43 PM
New puppy has arrived. It turns out he's a he, not a she as we thought when we ordered him/her :eek: mixup in the pics. Buuuut...LOML was looking for a male to begin with...and the male was considerably less money...so all's well. He's 8 weeks old, and the runt of his litter. As advertised, he slept in Jean's arms most of the drive home. After the initial slobbering, the big dogs are pretty much ignoring him. We'll be keeping an eye on the cocker...she's not sure what to think yet. Puppy is watching intently as the others navigate the doggie door, but is too short to use it yet. He's also too short to navigate the porch steps, but he wriggles his way up and tumbles down. :p Very cute. In a couple days when Bo settles down I'll get some better pics...but here's a couple of him with his big brother. :D

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/dillbo1.jpg

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/dillbo2.jpg

Curt Harms
03-05-2006, 8:05 PM
Li'l critter pegs the needle on the adorable meter. Hope you guys all have many good years together.

Curt

Ken Garlock
03-05-2006, 8:31 PM
Say KC, is that another St. B.???? Aren't you the one who was claiming that you would never have another St. B. due to all the hair?:confused:

Jim O'Dell
03-05-2006, 9:25 PM
Ken, can't be a St. pup at 8 weeks...they're bigger than that when whelped!!!!:D :D :D :D
He's cute, really cute KC. Enjoy your time with him, but don't forget to spend some special one on one time with each of the others. Jim.

Jim Becker
03-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Cute little bugger...

Ken Fitzgerald
03-05-2006, 10:39 PM
KC...........we did something similar about 20 years ago. Brought home a 6 week old female minature dachshund pup to a 1 year old samoyed. We kept them separated pretty much for a week. Finally I said "Enough .........let's see what'll happen." We put the pup down, let the samoyed loose......she walked over .....sniffed the pup......looked at everybody......picked the pup up by the nap of it's neck and took her behind the couch. She didn't want everybody messing with her pup. When they both had to be put down due to old age illnesses.....the sammy still thought that little black weeny dog was her pup............They'd been together for 12+ years at the time............

You'be got a very cute little pup. Be sure to spend some extra time with the other two.............

And hang in there Bro............we're licking that nasty habit too!

Kirk (KC) Constable
03-06-2006, 7:24 AM
Say KC, is that another St. B.???? Aren't you the one who was claiming that you would never have another St. B. due to all the hair?:confused:

The little one is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. No more big ones after the two we have.

Gary Herrmann
03-06-2006, 9:19 PM
I think I like the first pic best of all those you've posted. I see that at my house sometimes - mostly after the Maine Coon Kitten tries to tackle my yellow's head. He then slobbers all over the cat. The black lab thinks they're both nuts.