PDA

View Full Version : TANNEWITZ MODEL 3000MH question with pic!

Brian King
03-05-2006, 2:27 PM
Hello,
Do any of you guys know anything about this saw? It is a Tanne 3000MH. Any help is appreciated. I am going to see her tomorrow and if she is nice I may bring her home with me.
Thanks!

lou sansone
03-05-2006, 2:44 PM
it is a metal cutting band saw. I don't think you are going to like it for wood, unless you speed it up to over 4500 sfpm

BTW if it is where I think it is from the photos ... those folks sell junk - I have bought from them several times and every time been burned -- had to ship it back and get my $$ back

sorry if this is not the response you wanted, but you did ask

lou

Brian King
03-05-2006, 3:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I thought it might be a steel bandsaw but was not sure of the blade speed range on the saw.
Brian

Jeff Singleton
03-05-2006, 7:32 PM
Brian, Be very cautious about that saw. Take a flashlight for a closer inspection. Check the motor rpm and then do the math. Lou was right in saying it is a metal saw but Tann. made metal and sheet metal saws. Their sheet metal saws spin at 12,000 fpm. I seen that saw a couple weeks ago, isle 5 I think. Changing out a Tann. motor can get horribly expensive. Not to mention they use their own tire which are not cheap, but like everything else on the saw it they were made to last.

Jeff Singleton:rolleyes: