PDA

View Full Version : Garden Walkway *with pics*

John Kain
03-04-2006, 9:06 PM
Well, I'm creating a nice outdoor garden for flowers and stuff. I completed a nice walkway from some treated pine. I'm pondering putting up a foot tall wicker sidewall along the walkway to provide a visual reminder for the dogs not to rip thru the garden..........

Good work for a Saturday!

Chris Fite
03-04-2006, 9:55 PM
I hope the visual reminder will work for your dogs. Mine run 90 mph and think at 10 mph, so they would need more help than wicker. I really like the walkway.

RichMagnone
03-05-2006, 6:57 AM
John - what was the technique for doing this? What did you use as a substrate?

Looks great - I want to know more!

Keith Starosta
03-05-2006, 9:19 AM
John - what was the technique for doing this? What did you use as a substrate?

Looks great - I want to know more!

Inquiring minds want to know!!! I've got more than one spot around the pool where this would look great!

Details, John!! :D

- Keith

John Kain
03-11-2006, 4:36 PM
Sorry, I was on vacation.........

Basically dug up a path. Poured about 4 inches of sand. Poured about 3 inches of gravel over the sand. Put 2X4s free floating down both sides and the middle of the gravel. The top is 1X6 pressure treated pine. Sides of the top are 1X4 pressure treated pine and their purpose is to cover the rough edges of the 1X6s. Should last about 10 years or so, I think. All cuts are miter saw or table saw, I just old-schooled all the angles and estimated them as I went so I knew all the boards would fit well.

Mark Singer
03-11-2006, 6:01 PM
John,
Why is the dog climbing the walls:confused:

Boyd Gathwright
03-11-2006, 9:29 PM
Well, I'm creating a nice outdoor garden for flowers and stuff. I completed a nice walkway from some treated pine. I'm pondering putting up a foot tall wicker sidewall along the walkway to provide a visual reminder for the dogs not to rip thru the garden..........

Good work for a Saturday!

.... Let me help you with this :).

Ah, that's better ;).