View Full Version : A Brief Introduction..... with pics.

Greg Savage
03-04-2006, 6:49 PM
After lurking in the shadows here for several months, I thought that it would be proper to introduce myself. I've been an artist all my life, in some way shape or form, and I've been a Turner for the last 12 years. Most of my work is based in wood, but nearly everything I produce incorporates another form of raw material. These materials can be metal, antler, turquoise, fossil ivory, and other precious and semi-precious materials.

I tried to maintain two distinctly different web sites, but find it very difficult to keep up with the updating of text and product. These web sites do not include my art turnings, furniture or custom guitars.

http://www.banglesandbarrettes.com/

http://www.peppermillguy.com/

I am a workaholic and a wood addict. But, I do need a couple hours at the end of the day to sit down and watch a little TV and down a couple of beers...... nothing wrong with that is there?

I just ordered a 3 HP Oneway to replace my 260 General....... so I guess I'm firmly entrenched in the Oneway camp, no offense to you PM guys!

See you all around the Creek"
Greg

33192 manzanita w/turquoise inlay

33193 Jarrah Burl Candle holders w/turned aluminum top, buffalo horn collar and paua shell inlay.

Chip Sutherland
03-04-2006, 6:55 PM
Thank you for coming out of the shadows. Work like this makes me yearn for the next level. Can you add some comments about the tourquoise inlay? I've never seen any turned metals discussed but am interested in knowing more. Really, really like your work.

John Hart
03-04-2006, 6:59 PM
Yup...can't have you hiding in the shadows with wonderful work like that!! Welcome Greg. Andy will be happy about having some one way company!!!:D

Welcome to our little vortex!:)

Andy Hoyt
03-04-2006, 7:22 PM
Happy Happy Happy.

Welcome aboard Greg.

We're gonna catch those PM guys, one of these decades.

Corey Hallagan
03-04-2006, 7:24 PM
Welcome to SMC! Great stuff and looking forward to seeing more of your work. Your going to have a great time on that new lathe, congrats!

Corey

Karl Laustrup
03-04-2006, 7:29 PM
Welcome to this little part of the internet we call the "Creek". Very nice work. I especially like the peppermills.

Karl

Bill Stevener
03-04-2006, 7:34 PM
Welcome to the Creek Greg, very nice work.
Hope to see more in the future, thanks for the photos.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

John Shuk
03-04-2006, 7:48 PM
Welcome. Very nice work.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-04-2006, 9:01 PM
Welcome to the Creek Greg! Nice work! I am glad you came out to play in our little playground! As THE Novice turner here your work gives me something to strive for and I hope you won't mind answering some of my numerous questions! Again........Welcome to the Creek!

Mark Cothren
03-04-2006, 9:04 PM
Welcome Greg! Nice work - thanks for sharing!

Andy needed some help, so you came outta the shadows right on time...;)

Travis Stinson
03-04-2006, 9:08 PM
Welcome Greg. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, I like what I see of it so far.:cool:

Jim Becker
03-04-2006, 9:10 PM
Welcome, Greg. That's beautiful work. And we Stubby folks aren't offended with the OneWay order, either...we should all work on the machine we feel most comfortable with!

Ernie Nyvall
03-04-2006, 9:19 PM
Welcome to the Creek Greg. You've done some beautiful work. I look forward to more of your posts.

Ernie

doug webb
03-05-2006, 1:10 AM
Welcome Greg, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing and would like to see more.

Tyler Howell
03-05-2006, 8:23 AM
Another Spinner:confused: They've taken over:eek: :eek: !!!!
Welcome Greg and thanks for sharing you work.

Bernie Weishapl
03-05-2006, 8:59 AM
Welcome Greg. That is some wonderful looking work. Thanks for sharing. Lots of good people here and lots of knowledge.

Jim Ketron
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Nice work Greg, looking forward to seeing more!

Chris Barton
03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Welcome to SMC. Your work is exceptional!

Ernie Kuhn
03-05-2006, 2:42 PM
Greg,
Went to your web sites. Awesome collection of work and certainly gave me a few ideas for Christmas gifts made from cut-offs and leftovers. Looks to me like you don't throw anything away! I might just have to take a few pieces out of the firewood box and play with them.
Ernie