PDA

View Full Version : Beam alignment

Nigel Morgan
03-04-2006, 5:12 PM
Hello All.

I have a Epilog Helix, getting some problems vector cutting, I checked the alignment of the beam and it is out slightly, does anyone know how to adjust this. I know its sunday morning here in NZ, but I have work to do, I would appreciate any help or advice, I can not see anything in the manual,

Cheers

Nigel

Joe Pelonio
03-04-2006, 6:50 PM
That's going to be a tough one. I have the Epilog 24TT not the Helix, and have done it before, but it required the use of a tool lent by Epilog (with a $300 deposit) to overide the safety interlock, also a little plastic target that they sent though I already had one. It's pretty hard to explain in an e-mail, but you have to adjust the beam using the adjustable mirror at various locations in the work area, that one in the back left corner.
I suppose it could be done without the tools but it would be really
hard. With the tool you shoot a quick beam manually and see where it hits the target, then adjust to center it in each location.

Without the tool you'd have to engrave the same shape at the 4 corners of the bed then see where the difference is, and adjust the mirror by trial and error until they all match. Could easily make it worse though.

James Stokes
03-04-2006, 8:42 PM
I have an epilog legend, Here is how I do it. Get some white poster paper and cut some 3/4 inch circles, these will fit on top of your lens. Do a lay-out the size of your table. Put a 1/16 dot at the top left corner of the table. name that top left. Do that for all 4 corners (name each accordingly:) ) send all 4 jobs to the laser. With the paper laying on the lens you can run all 4 jobs. The beam needs to hit the same place in all 4 corners. On the legend I have 3 adjustment screws on the back of my mirror, you have to just barely move these to move the beam. Adjust those untill your alignment is correct. Once you get it aligned put some super glue on the screws to keep them from moving again.
Very simple you should be able to adjust it in less than 5 minutes.

Jeff Chumbley
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
In addition to Joe's response, I also aligned my 24 TT but Epilog sent out a set of instructions on how to do it including which screw to turn and in what direction to move the beam where u want it. It can be a time consuming project if you are shooting from the hip.

Jeff