PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat X 3

John Kain
03-04-2006, 2:35 PM
The FedEx man stopped by in a big way today!

On the left is my broken Craftsman 1.75 HP; on the right is the new M12V

This is the new Grizzly brad/stapler combo.............who knows if it'll work or for how long.

Lastly, the Wagner HVLP.......

Pete Harbin
03-04-2006, 2:48 PM
Nice John! We should all be throwing our hats on the ice for you! :D

You'll really like the M12V.

Pete

Jason Morgan
03-04-2006, 4:53 PM
Where did you get the Wagner? I am looking into one of those. What are ou going to drive it with?

John Kain
03-04-2006, 4:59 PM
Where did you get the Wagner? I am looking into one of those. What are ou going to drive it with?

GleemPaint:

http://gleempaint.com/hvcongunnew.html

Here's what I'm running it with:

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2589

Still need alot more experience in order to use it to finish a project. I'll probably mess around for a couple weeks practicing on cheap plywood spraying Transtint, Shellac, USL, etc......

Corey Hallagan
03-04-2006, 7:37 PM
Congrats on the new tools! That router will be nice for you. I have heard decent things about Grizzly nail guns, good values!

Corey

John Kain
03-04-2006, 8:04 PM
Congrats on the new tools! That router will be nice for you. I have heard decent things about Grizzly nail guns, good values!

Corey
Thanks Corey. Omaha native here; looking to move back in 2007.

Brian Parker
03-04-2006, 8:26 PM
John,

Thats a nice looking gun there, I'm just curious are you using that in a spray booth or what type of respirator do you have? I ask because I need to buy a respirator soon for spraying and know nothing about them.

Tyler Howell
03-04-2006, 8:29 PM
Nice haul John.;)
Pix Police Aproval!

Gary Max
03-04-2006, 8:41 PM
If you will take care of the Grizzly you can get years of service out of it.
Keep it clean and oiled --- those are the two biggies.
I use a bunch of air tools in my shop.

John Kain
03-04-2006, 8:57 PM
John,

Thats a nice looking gun there, I'm just curious are you using that in a spray booth or what type of respirator do you have? I ask because I need to buy a respirator soon for spraying and know nothing about them.

I just got the gun. I'm thinking of hanging tarp in the garage (without cars) for a booth. As for a respirator, I haven't even started looking yet. I'm heading on vacation tomorrow and will figure that out after. I'll probably get with something like this:

3M™ Organic Vapor Respirator
NIOSH approved against certain organic vapors. Use in a variety of workplace applications, including petrochemical, chemical manufacturing, construction, transportation and electronics.