PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Ted Owen
08-04-2003, 1:17 PM
Keith, Ken, Aaron--

Just wanted to say how nice it was to meet you folks at 5-Barns. Quite an enjoyable time. Ken, I ordered some pen-making supplies and parts from Penn State last night. Look forward to getting started.

I stopped at that car show on the way home--actually out of the way home--and spent an hour or so wandering amongst some beautiful automotive restorations. Mostly 50's, 60's, 70's. Brought back some fun memories. Wish they'd had more pre-1930, but there probably just are not as many examples of those.

My best to all,
Ted

Jason Roehl
08-04-2003, 1:32 PM
Welcome, Ted!!

Was a pleasure to meet you, had a great time talking with you at various times during the picnic.

Ken Salisbury
08-04-2003, 1:57 PM
Keith, Ken, Aaron--

Ken, I ordered some pen-making supplies and parts from Penn State last night. Look forward to getting started.

Ted

Another fish hooked !
I enjoyed meeting you and chatting with you - good luck.

Ted Owen
08-04-2003, 2:14 PM
Welcome, Ted!!

Was a pleasure to meet you, had a great time talking with you at various times during the picnic.

With all you knowledgeable turners there fishin' for Neanders, I wonder how many of us were really hooked--and whether Poolewood sales might enjoy a bit of a spike during the coming months.

Can you picture doing pens on a Poolewood?

Best, Ted

Noah Alkinburgh
08-04-2003, 2:48 PM
Ted,

It was great to meet you and welcome to the Creek! Make sure you stop in chat sometime. You make sure you let us see some pics of those pens :)

Noah

Keith Outten
08-04-2003, 3:19 PM
It was very nice meeting you and I hope the turners haven't spoiled you since you are one of the cordless types :) I had a great time and truly enjoyed meeting everyone at 5 Barns.

Rob Sandow
08-04-2003, 5:23 PM
It was great to meet you Ted. I didn't realize you were from Pittsburgh. I'm a lifelong Steelers fan, but out here we have to get a satellite dish or go to a bar to watch the games on Sunday.

Rob

Tom Sweeney
08-04-2003, 7:03 PM
It was really great meeting you & everyone else at 5 Barns - nice group of people for sure.

Glad you had fun at Macungie - I think they are always mostly 50's, 60's & 70's. The older cars go to Hershey usually - or at least they used to.

So did you order your Poolewood yet?

dave nichols
08-04-2003, 7:15 PM
[QUOTE=Ted Owen]Keith, Ken, Aaron--

Most of the older cars were there on Saturday, Sunday is usually the day for different car club displays

Terry Hatfield
08-05-2003, 8:14 AM
Welcome Ted!!!!

Terry

Ted Owen
08-06-2003, 9:08 PM
Welcome Ted!!!!

Terry

Hi, Terry--

I get a kick out of the little Avatars here on SMC. Nice to see what you look like.

I'll let you know how I'm making out with the cyclone, now that I have all the parts (impeller mixup, was easily corrected).

Hope all is going well there.

Best, Ted

Terry Hatfield
08-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Ted,

Let me know how it goes. Glad you got a kick out of the avatar. There is a really big pic of me on my site. :D

Don't be a stranger around these waters.

Terry

Ernie Kuhn
08-07-2003, 1:44 AM
With all you knowledgeable turners there fishin' for Neanders, I wonder how many of us were really hooked--and whether Poolewood sales might enjoy a bit of a spike during the coming months.

Can you picture doing pens on a Poolewood?

Best, Ted

Ted,
Welcome.
Where in Pittsburgh. We lived off of Rt 52 near Century III mall for a while and bought out in Delmont (New Salem) just the other side of Murrysville. Left there in 1989 and would love to get back. Saturday mornings at the strip district was our normal agenda.
Sorry to bother you.
Later,
Ernie

Ted Owen
08-07-2003, 8:48 PM
Ted,
Welcome.
Where in Pittsburgh. We lived off of Rt 52 near Century III mall for a while and bought out in Delmont (New Salem) just the other side of Murrysville. Left there in 1989 and would love to get back. Saturday mornings at the strip district was our normal agenda.
Sorry to bother you.
Later,
Ernie

Hi, Ernie--

Grew up in Moon, now living in Gibsonia on a golf course. Heaven.

Lived lots of places in between, like Portland, OR, for three years. So I know what the dry side means--Spokane or thereabouts. Fascinating how the mountains divide WA nearly in half--only tropical rainforest in continental U.S. on left, desert on right.

Dan Rabinowitz, who posts here, is from Murrysville.

Good to hear from you.

Best, Ted

Tom Sweeney
08-07-2003, 9:12 PM
Hi, Ernie--

Best, Ted

You didn't tell me you lived on a Golf course - You must really have wasted a lot of ketchup to get there :D

Ted Owen
08-07-2003, 10:34 PM
You didn't tell me you lived on a Golf course - You must really have wasted a lot of ketchup to get there :D

Oh, you remembered, Tom. Good memory. Yes, indeed, the Heinz motto for employees in eating restaurants is "Use it or waste it."

Best, Ted

Ernie Kuhn
08-07-2003, 10:57 PM
Hi, Ernie--

Lived lots of places in between, like Portland, OR, for three years. So I know what the dry side means--Spokane or thereabouts.

Ted,
Actually in the Tri Cities, south of Spokane. Golf Course, Heaven? 27 Holes and 300-600 residences going in over the hill, about 1 mile away. Close enough. Are you getting a Poolewood for pens?
Ernie

Ted Owen
08-08-2003, 5:44 PM
Ted,
Actually in the Tri Cities, south of Spokane. Golf Course, Heaven? 27 Holes and 300-600 residences going in over the hill, about 1 mile away. Close enough. Are you getting a Poolewood for pens?
Ernie

A photo of Bill Grumbine standing over his Poolewood turning pens. I might pay money to see that. :p

Best, Ted

Keith Outten
08-08-2003, 6:29 PM
Ted,

A photo of Bill Grumbine turning pens on his poolwood lathe is would be hilarious. I also think it would be funny to see Bill using a Jet Mini lathe turning pens. For a guy Bill's size the Jet Mini would be classified as a hand tool :)

A photo of Bill Grumbine standing over his Poolewood turning pens. I might pay money to see that. :p

Ted

Ken Salisbury
08-09-2003, 8:39 AM
Ted,

I also think it would be funny to see Bill using a Jet Mini lathe turning pens. For a guy Bill's size the Jet Mini would be classified as a hand tool :)
Here Ya Go !!!
A real large pen blank for a real large fella.

Ted Owen
08-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Here Ya Go !!!
A real large pen blank for a real large fella.

Yep, just tell me where to send the check. ;)

Best, Ted