PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit - John Hart at Ken Hertzog's

John Hart
03-03-2006, 9:25 PM
I had to drive to Pennsyvania to deliver a lathe to fellow Creeker Ken Hertzog. The visit was fairly short, but man!...Ken sure has a nice setup. He lives just outside of Slippery Rock, maybe 25-30 miles from where I grew up. I didn't recognize a thing, but it felt good to take the drive and see all the towns that I remember. Ken showed me all his stuff and even uncovered his Mustard-colored beast (with a smile and a wink I might add);)
He does wonderful work with his etching (non-laser) and his showcase of his work was equally impressive. The guy has 4 lathes...that I saw anyway (CNC to boot!). Also in the shop are the cars he is restoring....I didn't get to see the 69 Vette because it was covered...I hope to see it someday. He sent me home with a bunch of Acrylic laminations he made so I can finally get some Freedom Pens done. Tonight, I taught my daughter how to do pens and she made her first with Ken's laminations...I'll post that in another thread.

A brief but great visit....I want to make it back when I can stay longer and learn some things. Thanks Ken!!!

Sorry...the pic's out of focus!!:(

Jim Dunn
03-03-2006, 11:08 PM
looks like you all had a great time. Nice to get together with another Creeker.

Bernie Weishapl
03-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Sounds like you had a good time John. Good to have a visit like that.

Corey Hallagan
03-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Sweet, got to like any guy with 4 lathes!! I see what looks like a Carb Tec on the bench! The Lam's look good!

Corey

Dennis Peacock
03-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Nice visit John. Shoot, he can't be all bad....he even wears Bib's like me.!!!!;) :D

Kenneth Hertzog
03-04-2006, 9:33 AM
Hi All
It was great to finally meet and shake hands with John. He's a really nice fellow. As for the shop tour yes that is a carba tec lathe. I use it to do a lot of my finish work. Now a brief history I have been turning for about 4 years. started with pocket watches and moved on to other small stuff from their. the other portion of the garage is used for auto restoration. I've worked on cars for the last 30 years these are just a few left over to retire in.
wood turning will be the next hobby its more fun and easier on the back
ken

Jim Becker
03-04-2006, 10:09 AM
It's always a fun time to visit fellow saw-dust makers as well as places from the past!

Free avatar for Ken: