PDA

View Full Version : Ray Thompson, We need an update

Ken Garlock
08-04-2003, 12:06 PM
on how the new house is progressing. Any pictures??

Here is your chance to gloat a little or a lot :)

Ray Thompson
08-04-2003, 11:36 PM
The outside is done except for the front porch and the inside has been painted. We are taking some time now to get the old place ready for the market while we wait for some of the subs to get free. I will try to get a fresh pic this week and get it posted. Wife would not let me post while she got used to the exterior paint, she initially thought it looked like the inside of a newborn babies diaper, complete with racing stripes.

She is also convinced I'm completely nuts. I few weeks ago I asked her to come over and help me pull wires to the barn. Well, she got there and I had a ball of string, a piece of bread sack, and the shop vac setting out. I asked her to take the shop vac halfway to the barn where I had a junction box and told her to turn on the vac while I fed in the string. She didn't move, she just stood there looking at me for a long time then said, "Are you nuts". "Well yes, but trust me it's going to work." She trundled off , turned on the vac, and a few seconds later she had the string in her hand. I then tied the string to the back of the mower and had her drive down the driveway while I fed in the cable (cat 5, cat 6, RG-6). We had 350 feed of cable pulled in really short order, and she still doesn't believe it worked that easily.

Ray

Ken Garlock
08-05-2003, 10:47 AM
I am glad your wife is so good about the color scheme. Mine would have been buying the tar and feathers in large quantities :)

Your idea for pulling the cable is pretty slick, I wouldn't have thought of that.

I look forward to seeing your pictures :)

Ken Frantz
08-08-2003, 7:27 PM
Ray.

When i worked at Kennedy Space Center, the cable guys would have called that wad of plastic a "rabbit" but their "rabbit" was the size for a 6 inch conduit that would be about 1/4 mile between cable vaults. They would blow them instead of sucking them through.

When I built my new house, I had to pull some ham radio coax and the 12 volt DC circuits through conduit for the trasceivers from the garage so I wouldn't have the power supplies in the house along with the backup batteries. Blowing that little "rabbit" worked great. I think my Son didn't think it would work!!!!

KEN