PDA

View Full Version : Thanks one and all!

Lee Schierer
08-04-2003, 8:40 AM
Thanks to each and everyone of you for a most memorable birthday party. It isn't every year you get 85+ people to help celebrate your birthday. Special thanks to Bill, Lisa and family for making their place available and for being such fine hosts.

Thanks too to my wife & daughter for conspiring with Bill to set the whole thing up.

It was a very enjoyable day to spend with family, old friends and new. I had a great time.

Thanks everyone

See you all next year.

Noah Alkinburgh
08-04-2003, 8:42 AM
Lee,

It was great to see you. Glad to be a part of your b-day. I have to know how your daughter's pen turned out!

Noah

Bill Grumbine
08-04-2003, 8:47 AM
Hi Lee

We really enjoyed being able to hit you with a surprise like that! :D It might have been your birthday, but I think a lathe is coming soon to someone in the family after seeing both Joe and Heidi spending the time they did fooling around on the various lathes. If Joe's experience was any indication, they might go right to the top and get a Poolewood! Not everyone has a first turning experience of a 100 lb 18" bowl blank.

Bill

Lee Schierer
08-04-2003, 8:52 AM
Lee,

It was great to see you. Glad to be a part of your b-day. I have to know how your daughter's pen turned out!

Noah

She finished it with some help from Bill Grumbine. She was a little heavy handed and left a couple of gouges we had to sand out. This resulted in the barrel being a little undersized where it mated up witht he pen tip and middle joint, but it looks nice and works okay. She gave it to me since she thought her kids would either chew on it or lose it.

She had a terrific time working with the lathes and later we turned several items out of the piece of walnut I had brought from home. Her daughter, Emily, was thrilled with the small bowl that Mike Rubes turned for her out of hte scraps of the board. Emily played with it most of the way back across the state yesterday. She like peeking through the knot hole.

All I heard on the way back to the place we were staying is "hey Dad, when are you getting a lathe?"

Daniel Rabinovitz
08-04-2003, 4:50 PM
It was great being part of your birthday. I even hit a couple of notes "on key".
Daniel

Ted Owen
08-04-2003, 6:37 PM
I even hit a couple of notes "on key".
Daniel

Umm...er...I'm not so sure about that, Dan. :D We'll have to get together sometime. Give me a ping email at your convenience.

Happy birthday, Lee.

Great to meet you folks.

Best, Ted