PDA

View Full Version : BT3 Central Forum

Stan Thigpen
03-02-2006, 7:21 AM
I've been out of the country (and off the computer) for about 3 weeks, and upon my return Monday I find that the BT3 Central Forum is not responding. Is anyone here familiar with it and know what the story is

John Anderson
03-02-2006, 7:31 AM
They've reworked the forum. You have to reregister to get on.

Stan Thigpen
03-02-2006, 8:04 AM
Thanks John.

Julio Navarro
03-02-2006, 9:03 AM
speaking of BT3, does any one here use the Bt3100 ts from Ryobi, and do you like it?

Tom Drake
03-02-2006, 9:37 AM
With the migration to the new site software the old passwords did not copy over from the old software. The main page for BT3Central has a link for resetting your password.

Lee DeRaud
03-02-2006, 10:42 AM
speaking of BT3, does any one here use the Bt3100 ts from Ryobi, and do you like it?I've got the BT3000 (older model, not sure what the differences are), with some add-odd goodies (ZCI, miter slot, router table). It's sort of the Welsh Corgi of table saws: it thinks it's a lot bigger than it really is, but willing and able as long as you don't forget its limitations.

Julio Navarro
03-02-2006, 11:01 AM
I find what Lee said to be true. As long as it has a good blade it can cut almost anything. Often I find the table is cumbersome and I long for it to be a standard castiron flat smooth like the rest. Not sure why Ryobi went with the slotted aluminum stuff. The fact that it does not have a miter slot also bugs me. I know its an attachment but why not make it a standard item on this machine, more profit, accessory?

Lee DeRaud
03-02-2006, 11:49 AM
The fact that it does not have a miter slot also bugs me. I know its an attachment but why not make it a standard item on this machine, more profit, accessory?I think they thought that with the sliding miter table, you didn't need a miter gauge...completely ignoring all the other things you use a miter slot for.

But I'm not sure an integral miter slot would have been a good thing: given the way the thing is constructed, it would have been almost impossible to adjust the alignment between the slot and the blade. With it on a separate piece, that task is trivial.

And admittedly that brings up one of the worst features of the saw: it's very easy to align, but it will fall out of alignment if it gets moved around a lot.

Julio Navarro
03-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I think they thought that with the sliding miter table, you didn't need a miter gauge...completely ignoring all the other things you use a miter slot for. Exactly

But I'm not sure an integral miter slot would have been a good thing: There is no way to attach a feather board horizaontaly on the table, that alone is good in my opinion.

And admittedly that brings up one of the worst features of the saw: it's very easy to align, but it will fall out of alignment if it gets moved around a lot.Also very true

Lee DeRaud
03-02-2006, 1:13 PM
But I'm not sure an integral miter slot would have been a good thing:There is no way to attach a feather board horizaontaly on the table, that alone is good in my opinion.Key word in my sentence was "integral". I agree having a miter slot is a good thing, that's why I added the attachment. But having it cast/machined into the main saw structure would be a mistake with this design (IMHO), due to the alignment issues.

Julio Navarro
03-02-2006, 2:09 PM
Key word in my sentence was "integral". I agree having a miter slot is a good thing, that's why I added the attachment. But having it cast/machined into the main saw structure would be a mistake with this design (IMHO), due to the alignment issues.

Yes, I agree with you on that.

Matt Day
03-02-2006, 3:03 PM
They have a great "Bargain Alerts" section over there. Every forum should have one!