PDA

View Full Version : Help with an EPS file

Mark Powell
03-02-2006, 4:47 AM
A client has sent their art work as an EPS file. I can import it into corel jaust fine but I cant edit it. Can anyone help as I dont want to look the fool:o

J Porter
03-02-2006, 7:16 AM
I get EPS files quite often, especially from clients with Macs.

Check the pencil icon in the Object Manager and make sure they didn't lock the file.

Joe Pelonio
03-02-2006, 8:55 AM
Make sure you ungrouped it, most .eps files come into Corel grouped. If it looks like a bitmap import it again but choose file type "PS, PRN, EPS-Postscript Interpreted".

Kevin Huffman
03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Can you post that file? That would help a lot. We could open it up and take a look at it and give better advice.

Joe Pelonio
03-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Can you post that file? That would help a lot. We could open it up and take a look at it and give better advice.
Kevin, the forum does not allow .eps attachments for some reason. He
would have to e-mail it to you.

Robin Lake
03-02-2006, 2:32 PM
... the forum does not allow .eps attachments for some reason.

Just curious -- would that be because of a software condition or an admin decision?

Robin Lake

Kevin Huffman
03-02-2006, 4:28 PM
That is kind of crazy, but my email address is kevin.huffman@signwarehouse.com if you want to send it to me max.

Dave Fifield
03-02-2006, 8:07 PM
Can't you just change the file extension from .eps to something else, like .html, then post it and have the recipient change the file extension back at the other end? Or, won't this work because it's a binary file? Hmmmm.....we seem to be able to send corel files, and those are binary.....just wondering out loud.

Keith Outten
03-03-2006, 7:13 AM
The vBullitin software can be set for allowing eps files. Aaron can add them to the list of files SMC will accept. In the meantime you can zip the eps file and upload it.