PDA

View Full Version : CMT Incra bit set

John Keane
03-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Awhile back I was trying to sell the CMT Incra bit set that I was disappointed with. I didn't have any takers, fortunately for me. Today I was making dovetail drawer joints and had to use two different bits out of the set. (5/16ths and 3/8ths). They cut beautifully. I have a whole new respect for CMT. Thanks everyone for not buying the set from me.

Jay T. Marlin
03-02-2006, 5:45 AM
What made you want to sell them in the first place?

Glad to hear they're working out for you.

John Keane
03-02-2006, 3:37 PM
I wanted to sell the set because I was disappointed with the performance of the 1/2", 14 deg DT bit. In hindsight I am thinking that maybe it was my performance that was at fault.

Chris Padilla
03-02-2006, 4:04 PM
I have that set and I like it quite a bit (no pun intended)...in fact, CMT is my choice for most of my router bits and saw blades. Heck, even my SAE and metric forstner bits are CMT! :eek:

Fred Voorhees
03-02-2006, 5:33 PM
I've got two or three CMT router bit sets and am completely happy with them. Have done a lot of milling with them and they are still happily blasting through wood and showing no signs of dulling.

John Keane
03-02-2006, 10:19 PM
I have been buying the Katana bits from MLCSwoodworking. The price is right and the performance is unparalleled.

Brandon Shew
03-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm thinking about buying that set now that I have the TS III in operation. It's even more attractive from Woodcraft this month.