PDA

View Full Version : Ok Ken.....whachoo turning now?

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2006, 6:54 PM
Hey Ken,

You've gotta lathe now, turning tools, Wolverine Jig, Grinder, videos, wood, electricity, and moving beyond the "bonkers"......What you turning now?

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Frank Guerin
03-01-2006, 7:02 PM
I ain't turing anything. I don't even own a lathe but am wanting one badly. A buddy of mine has been pestering me for awhile now about turning so in brotherly fashion I am helping him get set up on a Jet mini from just what I have learned here on what to buy. I figure he will get real good and be so grateful that any and all lessons I will need in the future will be automatic. As you can see I never think of myself.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-01-2006, 7:11 PM
Dennis.......My wife and a close friend have requested candle tables in the somewhat shaker style. I've got a couple of photos and am trying to decide which combination of legs I want to use. Then I need to build a full size scale out of poplar. John Hart just sent me 4 4x4x33" pieces of cherry for the spindles. I need to get some flat stock cherry for tops and legs. So over the next couple of weeks I need to get that. Then I'll probably cobble together a steady rest and build a center support for my diving board table. It'll be a poplar spindle next and then on to the cherry.

David Fried
03-01-2006, 7:43 PM
... and build a center support for my diving board table.

You do mean turn a center supprt, don't you??:confused:

Dave Fried

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2006, 7:50 PM
You do mean turn a center supprt, don't you??:confused:

Dave Fried

Git'im Dave..!!!!!:D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-01-2006, 8:03 PM
I'll probably turn it so the best side is facing the operating side of the table!:D

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2006, 8:16 PM
I'll probably turn it so the best side is facing the operating side of the table!:D

Well...........that IS turning wood.:confused: