PDA

View Full Version : New extension wing with Incra installed

Guy Germaine
03-01-2006, 5:52 PM
Over this last weekend, I finished up my new extension wing for the table saw, and installed then new Incra fence system. The way it looks, I may just leave the fence removeable so I can move it completely out of the way and use the table for assembly and finishing. The only other thing I want to do is make a modification to the fence and table so i can get dust collection at the bit. The 4" chute on the back of the table is directly behind the bit and catches almost everything that shoots out of the cut. Take a look:

http://www.fototime.com/048C18E6E3A4596/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/75B8D696C096675/standard.jpg

(Don't bother looking at the shims under the table legs. Ain't quite done there yet) :rolleyes:

Bruce Page
03-01-2006, 5:57 PM
Sweet looking setup Guy.
Oh, and your garage looks waaaay to big too. :D

Guy Germaine
03-01-2006, 6:13 PM
The garage is 22 X 24, but also houses my Zero Turn mower, a regular lawn mower, refredgerator and freezer, a big cabinet I made, and all kind of other crap. There's not as much room as you think. There are times when I have to go outside just to change my mind. :D

Mark Carlson
03-01-2006, 6:26 PM
Guy,

Nice looking setup. I have pretty much the same thing. I have the Incra LS postioner with a Wonderfence so I get the dust collection by the bit. I also mounted the Woodpecker downdraft table under the router so no dust escapes. My extension table is a Woodpecker router table so it already had holes to mount the positioner but I like what you did. I might go that way also so I can easily remove the router fence.

~mark

Bruce Page
03-01-2006, 9:26 PM
The garage is 22 X 24, but also houses my Zero Turn mower, a regular lawn mower, refredgerator and freezer, a big cabinet I made, and all kind of other crap. There's not as much room as you think. There are times when I have to go outside just to change my mind. :D
Your shop is actually a little smaller than mine, but it looks larger :confused:. I think I just have too much junk in mine. :rolleyes:
Anyway, your TS setup is very nice!

Josh Goldsmith
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
That is an awesome setup! I wanted to do the same thing. How long is your table saw setup now? I have a limited shop space but that is exactly what i wanted to do. What did it cost you to build this? Any tips you could give me? Talk to you later Josh

Guy Germaine
03-02-2006, 1:44 PM
The new extension wing is 48" long. I don't know what the overall length of the saw is now. When I get a chance, I'll go measure it. It cost me +-$30 for a full sheet of Melamine. The walnut I already had.

John Keane
03-02-2006, 3:28 PM
Great setup. Good for you.