PDA

View Full Version : 5 Barns Picnic

Walt Drummond
08-03-2003, 7:05 PM
Just wanted to publicly thak Bill and Lisa Grumbine for hosting the picnic this weekend. Don't know how you did it, but it was better than last year.

Without fear of contradiction, I can say that a good time was had by all. Even the little one had a great time. Bill and Lisa's daughters did a terrific job of providing activities and games for the kids. All that and helping with the prep and serving of the food too. Great bunch of young ladies, Bill. Enjoy them while you can.

Have 15 or 20 pics I'll be sending to Ken to post later.

The best part was meeting everyone. Putting faces to the names and posts is aways great. Didn't matter which forum you belonged to. Especially as most are members of both. Seems dual citizenship does work.

I've a pic of that I'd like to share. The sign is used by Ellis wherever WoodCentral has a presence. The hat Bill is wearing is a prototype of the Saw Mill Creek hat. Hey, Keith, when will we be able to get them?

Can't wait 'til next year.

Keith Outten
08-03-2003, 9:52 PM
Walt,

Where Ya Been? We have had hats in the SawMill Creek Gift Shop Forum for months. Sadly the gift shop has not been very popular so we will soon remove it and go out of the gift business. I have 2 hats left from the first box of hats we bought 3 months ago...there won't be any more so get em while they last. There are only 25 hats in existence so the SMC hats will be very rare.

The hat Bill is wearing is a prototype of the Saw Mill Creek hat. Hey, Keith, when will we be able to get them?

Sawmill creek hats are sold out.

David Blangger
08-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Keith,

A couple of things.

We are too new to bail out of the gift shop....had to hunt it to find it after your post :confused:

If you tried to email me personally on the marketing program I think my MSN advertantly put it in the junk box and I missed it.

David

Mike Rubes
08-04-2003, 8:16 AM
Hi Walt,

It was great to finally put real faces with the little headshots and names! Bill and Lisa were great hosts and I think a good time was had by all. Certainly no one went away hungry!!

Mike

Back at work in Apex, NC

Dan Bussiere
08-04-2003, 8:28 AM
Thanks to the Grumbines for being gracious hosts. I enjoyed the time I had to spend getting faces and names together. The best part for me was watching the masters at work on the lathes and of course finally getting to meet our hosts and others who contribute so much here. Sorry I couldn't stay all day Saturday, but prior commitments meant a short stay. Next year you'll have to run me off to get rid of me. Nice to meet you folks and thanks.
Dan