PDA

View Full Version : Injured Co-worker Update

Bruce Page
03-01-2006, 3:12 PM
I want to thank you all for your prayers, they worked!!

My co-workers made it through the critical first 48 hours and are showing slow progress. Both have regained consciousness for brief periods but are not yet coherent enough to carry on a conversation. Diana, our staff photographer, will be going in for some more surgery on her leg today.
Dave, one of our real rocket scientist’s and the more seriously hurt of the two will undergo reconstructive surgery sometime next week to repair skull fractures in the forehead and eye socket area. It’s going to be a long hard road for both of them but it looks like they are going to make it through. There’s no word on when they will be able to return to New Mexico – probably not for sometime. Again, thank you so much for your prayers.

Bruce

Jim O'Dell
03-01-2006, 4:34 PM
GREAT NEWS, Bruce!!! The power of prayer never ceases to amaze. We'll continue to send the prayers for healing!!! Jim.

Chris Padilla
03-01-2006, 4:41 PM
Sweet news, Bruce! How long have you known these people? God speed for a full recovery!

Cecil Arnold
03-01-2006, 4:45 PM
I'm really glad for your coworkers Bruce.

Bruce Page
03-01-2006, 5:50 PM
Sweet news, Bruce! How long have you known these people? God speed for a full recovery!
Thanks Chris,
I've known them about 20 years, worked with them for 6 years.
Working at remote locations for several weeks at a time, with the same group of people, you get to know each other pretty well. This scared all of us a lot. It's almost like family.

Karl Laustrup
03-01-2006, 7:12 PM
Glad to hear the postive news Bruce. Prayers and positive thoughts will continue for a full and speedy recovery.

Karl

Vaughn McMillan
03-02-2006, 3:08 AM
Glad to see the update Bruce, and it's good to see things are moving in the right direction. We'll all keep pulling for them and hope they can come home soon.

- Vaughn