PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys buy your bandaids?

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-01-2006, 1:35 PM
My first winged bowl! I gonna have to heal up before I try another one! It was fun though! It only hurt for a second! Then when I was putting it in the alcohol for a little soak and @%&^*(@!!!! :D ! Peice of cherry about 16x9. Still needs alotta sanding! Thanks for looking.

Bernie Weishapl
03-01-2006, 1:39 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!:mad: That one had to hurt. I got one of my knuckles hit by one of the wing nuts on my bowl holding donut.

Rich Stewart
03-01-2006, 1:46 PM
I tried telling everybody that blood is a lousy finish on wood. Fabulous bowl though. Looks great.

George Troy Hurlburt
03-01-2006, 1:51 PM
I use the Nexcare bandages by 3M. Box says Flexible foam that stick to damp skin and it does. Latex free. I needed some when I grabed the 3 jaw chuck instead of the hand wheel. Not as bad as yours however. I do use tight fitting golf gloves, mostly on left hand. I did not have my golf glove on when It took some skin off my left thumb a couple of weeks ago. In fact over the years when I do not wear that golf glove that is the time I get a whack & cut. I also use a right hand golf glove occasionally. I do not intend to start a thread on the merits of using a tight fitting glove here. This my hand not yours and I'm responible for my own actions. GT

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-01-2006, 2:00 PM
It's not as bad as it looks! I've hurt myself more shaving! Already have the next 1 chucked up! All I can say is I'm having a blast since the new PM arrived! A little blood isn't gonna stop me! :D

Gary Max
03-01-2006, 2:02 PM
You did make sure that there was no blood on the Lathe?????
Now you are going to have the real Hard job of waiting till your hand gets better before you can finish the wing.
Looks like you are doing a heck of a job turning that hunk of Cherry.

tod evans
03-01-2006, 2:08 PM
waaaaaah! that one would be hard to superglue...nice bowl kurt..02 tod

Mark Cothren
03-01-2006, 2:17 PM
The bowl is lookin' great!

The fingers are lookin' painful!

Keith Burns
03-01-2006, 2:19 PM
Thank goodness there are no blood stains on the bowl:D Nice bowl:)

John Hart
03-01-2006, 2:23 PM
Ouch! Nice Bowl! Ouch!

Bill Stevener
03-01-2006, 2:24 PM
Kurt,
Your suppost'a use a turning tool.:eek:

What do you think you have there a potters wheel.:D

Hope you heal up soon,

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Glenn Clabo
03-01-2006, 2:38 PM
Actually...I just had this conversation with DrLOML...
A CA glue was developed for medical applications after Vietnam. It causes less skin irritation and has better flexibility and strength of the regular butyl-based compound. So you should only use medically-approved CA glue (Dermabond) not the ordinary kind.:D

William Bachtel
03-01-2006, 2:45 PM
Guess that makes turning a blood sport.

Andy Hoyt
03-01-2006, 3:05 PM
Nuthin' wrong with a little blood on a lathe, especially if it helps hide the "you know what color"

I doubt there's anyone of us here who hasn't rapped a few knuckles on a chuck from time to time or drawn blood under any manner of circumstances. That's what makes this a contact sport! Be intimate with your turning AND your machinery.

John Miliunas
03-01-2006, 3:13 PM
Nice color, form and the execution is right on! Bowl looks great, too! :D (Glad it wasn't any worse, Kurt!) :) :cool:

Anthony Anderson
03-01-2006, 3:19 PM
I've hurt myself more shaving!

Man, you need to be more careful shaving:D. Or have the wife do it for you:D. Heal quick, Bill

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-01-2006, 3:45 PM
THAT is truely and OUCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------------- And a beautiful bowl. If you can only teach a robot to turn that good, it could take the scrapes!

If anyone questions your price (Which SHOULD be substantial) tell them that you put a lot of
Blood Sweat and Tears into it!:D :eek:

Bruce;)

Bob Noles
03-01-2006, 6:23 PM
Ouch.... That hurt! Hope the pain subsides quickly.

That is the reason I bought a red lathe :D

John Hart
03-01-2006, 6:32 PM
That is the reason I bought a red lathe :D

Now that's what I like....Forward Thinking!!!;)

Matt Meiser
03-01-2006, 6:36 PM
I get them here (http://www.mcphee.com/items/11476.html)

http://www.mcphee.com/pixlarge/11476.jpg

That is a really cool bowl.

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2006, 6:52 PM
Paper towel borrowed from the lathe and some duct tape works great for me. That way I can get back to turning as quick as possible. :eek: :D

Oh yea, nice bowl. Gotta watch that alky bath with cuts on the hands.:eek: :(

Ed Scolforo
03-01-2006, 7:33 PM
Kurt, Looks like the bowl was worth it! ouch.

Lee DeRaud
03-01-2006, 7:57 PM
Be intimate with your turning AND your machinery.Yet another mental image I could have lived without.:eek: :p

Ernie Nyvall
03-01-2006, 8:15 PM
Ouch!!!! You remind me of me.:rolleyes:

Great looking bowl.

Ernie

Jim Becker
03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Ah, yes...these are the pieces that require hand sanding OFF the lathe, folks... ;)

That said, the piece looks great, Kurt!!

valerie williams
03-02-2006, 8:01 AM
Ok, im a pro at this, I have 4 kids and here is how youdo it...
have nearest willing female apply a kiss to the unskint part of the finger, then have her apply the bandages, next she should repeat the kissing process on top of each bandaid(very important) The last and most healing of all steps... crawl up in her lap and let her rock you. (it works on a 4 year old....):p

John Hart
03-02-2006, 8:03 AM
Spoken like a true Mommy.:)

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-02-2006, 8:26 AM
Man! If I could find a girl like that I'd stick my hand in a propeller!

Dale Thompson
03-02-2006, 9:07 PM
Kurt,
Whenever I stumble out of the shop and head for the band aids, my wife ALWAYS asks, "WELL - did you get any blood on the wood?". :( After all these years, she thoroughly understands the fact that I heal but the wood does NOT! :mad:

If the wood is "injured", she reacts like Valerie and lovingly rocks the WOOD to sleep. ;) :) Meanwhile, I am left to CRY myself to sleep. :cool: :confused: Life ain't easy for a boy named Dale who is also a klutz with a lot of unkissed scars! :D :)

Dale T.

Jim Dunn
03-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I buy mine at the local minimart. At those prices I keep my oww-ies to a minimum.

Mike Ramsey
03-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Ouch! Nice Bowl! Ouch!

Looks a lot more like Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!. Kurt I usually just grab a roll
of black electrical tape and a piece of paper towel for major stuff
that bleeds alot...Hope that heals up soon.