PDA

View Full Version : Wagner HVLP Spray Gun

Brad Kimbrell
03-01-2006, 1:32 AM
I was given a $400 - $450 Wagner HVLP spray gun by a friend as a favor for doing some work for him. I've seen these TurbineAire, etc. systems out there but really can't afford one right now.

Can I expect to get any decent results spraying lacquer with this Wagner rig?

Also, I have no "official spray booth" but would like some of your ideas on how to spray safely in my garage workshop.

I'm the guy that went through 20 cans of Deft Lacquer last month trying to avoid this issue...LOL...

Thanks!

nic obie
03-01-2006, 3:19 PM
Brad,

I had a gun like that and it worked great with lacquer. Be sure to keep the external one way valve clean and you'll have no problems.

Phil Phelps
03-02-2006, 3:07 PM
....with lacquer and solvents. You need an exhaust fan if you're planning on much spraying in the garage. Don't risk blowing the place to Kingdom come.

Tom Daniels
03-02-2006, 3:55 PM
My sister in law works for Wagners R and D and I have got three of them. They work excellent. I like the portablility of them. Spraying lacquer works great. I recomend them.

Richard Maurer
03-03-2006, 7:25 AM
Brad - I bought one based on the recommandation and review on Jim Becker's website. I've used it for shellac and water based conversion varnish and it has done a very nice job. I'd buy one again.

Rich

Reg Mitchell
03-06-2006, 7:50 PM
Brad
I got one recently, the conversion type, and have not got to ues it yet. The first item on the agenda is painting my tablesaw. I got a larger tip for it though a #4 because I am going to be shooting primer and industrial enamal paint. And I too got my at the word of Jim, although I have seen in the creek that ppl that do have them are very pleased with them. :)