PDA

View Full Version : Next IT Closing Tonight

John Hart
02-28-2006, 9:58 PM
Well, it's been a month and the Next IT Contest is about to close. don't know if we'll see any more entries in the next two hours....But I just wanted to give a couple minutes notice...just in case you wanted to run out and turn a bonker or something!!:D

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2006, 12:15 AM
OK....if you have a last mintue entry....let's get it posted, please? :D

Gary Max
03-01-2006, 1:00 AM
Don't tell anyone that I got up at 12:45 just to see if anyone else entered.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-01-2006, 1:55 AM
Just wanted to say..............................Y'all Got er done!

Great lookin' work folks.

You're ALL winners, in my book.

Bruce

John Hart
03-01-2006, 6:54 AM
Ok...Well, we didn't get as many entries as we had hoped. Maybe bad timing...or perhaps it is just hard to come up with ideas....or whatever. Nevertheless, thanks to everyone for participating, even if you did not enter. I know I learned some things!!!:) :)

This is now in the hands of the Judges who will deliberate in secret. They will create a thread that just has the Three Presentation Pics and go from there.

Dr. Miliunas, would you be so kind as to UnSticky the Contest Threads please? Thank you so much!:)

Thanks All!!!

Jim Dunn
03-01-2006, 7:01 AM
I liked all the entries, alot!. It was, for me anyway, timing. My wife said no more turning till I get her flat work project done. I had to listen:)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-01-2006, 9:37 AM
And I didn't get my INK done in time...........:rolleyes: :D

Raymond Overman
03-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Timing was the issue. Business travel, sick children, and three other projects as well as getting the materials to implement my idea. It will be done. Pictures will be posted. Just not by the end of yesterday. :rolleyes:

Rob Bourgeois
03-01-2006, 10:59 AM
i had 3 ideas...

1 was for a biscuit cutter..ddint really fit in with the innovatiove idea since I had bough one about 10 years ago...so I gave up on that one.

The other idea was for a wooden smoke detector cover for those rooms with panaled and boxed beam ceilings. Made out of the same wood as the ceiling..however the only wood I had wasnt suitable.( cedar and pear--not many ceiling made of those two)

The third idea..had very little turning and again no wood suitable. A Tripod mount for my telescope and binoculars..

So I didnt enter, besides being up to my ears in other work and still trying to figure out this turning stuff anyway. If anyone wants to use any of my 3 ideas...go ahead. I wont sue for using it. :) I would be interested in seeing the pictures. I can post a photo of the biscuit cutter if there is interest also.

John Hart
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
I had some other ideas too.

A telescope - I have an old Tasco telescope that I was going to tear the guts out and install them into a turned telescope. Decided that I needed about 6 months to do that!:rolleyes:

A Standard Flashlight - I actually went out and bought a cheapo flashlight and was ready to start, when I suddenly abandoned it and went for the Planet idea.:)

An Unusual Flashlight - This one was going to be in the shape of a disk...sorta like a portable CD player with the light mounted on the face. Decided it was too stupid.:D

Rob Bourgeois
03-01-2006, 1:35 PM
John I thought of the telescope idea too..but wood movement and moisture around the optics is what changed my mind. The movement could actually change the focal lenght and cause problems with focusing and image quality.

Also not being able to hollow out a 2 to 3 foot tube of wood

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-01-2006, 3:51 PM
Time. time. time. I thought about a telescope, too. I really thought it would look neat, just no time to fabricate.

Bruce

Andy Hoyt
03-01-2006, 4:26 PM
Yup, I wanted to do a telescope too. Yup, trust me.:D

No time available, but more importantly - zero inspiration.