PDA

View Full Version : SCMI table saw value?

J.R. Rutter
02-28-2006, 9:01 PM
Here's another tool from the same guy. He prefers to sell them together. I was thinking about using it as a ripping station until I can afford a straight line rip saw. What do you think it's worth? Every other SI16 has had a sliding table, so I'm not sure about this one. Looks like it has scoring though. With HolzHer feeder and surface rust. Supposedly runs fine.

ANything to watch out for / be wary of on equipment like this?

Brandon Shew
02-28-2006, 9:14 PM
Don't know much about SCMI tools to give you a value. Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like some sanding, vac, blade guard appendage attached to the table of the far side?. Looks nice and industrial like it would tear through some wood. Should be a nice addition to the shop, but check everything else to make sure it isn't rusted like the top. The top would be an easy clean-up if that's the only problem.

Julio Navarro
02-28-2006, 9:14 PM
No clue what its value is but it looks like a nice peice of equipment.

Paul B. Cresti
03-01-2006, 8:19 AM
JR,
Not sure what its value is, as I have never seen one for sale without the slider. Since you are looking for it to do such a specific task & it might be an interim machine....I would shop on price only in this case. You might be better off getting a new American style CS and feeder or even finding a used one than buying a super heavy duty saw like that one. Then again if he wants to throw it in for 1k then maybe it is worth it :D

tod evans
03-01-2006, 8:24 AM
jr, i`d think that saw-n-feeder is worth 2-2500 as it sits. you could through 12/4 at it all day with the feeder on high speed and it would never break a sweat....02 tod

J.R. Rutter
03-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys,
They know I'm mostly after the sander, so maybe I can get them to move on the saw price.